Old 09-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #21
Silver
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by giedre11 View Post
Oooh, I've always wanted a tattoo, but I too am afraid of needles! My biggest concern is that one day I'll get up the nerve to do it, and then right in the middle of having it done I'll find it too painful to continue, and there I'll be...a smudge of ink/halfway way done tat, and that I'll have to live with for the rest of my life!
That's exactly what happened to my brother-in-law! He has a little ... um... squiggle thingy... about 2" long on his back.

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-14-2007, 08:27 AM   #22
ChroniclesofYarnia
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to ChroniclesofYarnia
Silver, have you ever seen any cover-up work done? I want to have the one on my shoulder done over with something else. Also, when you see an artist, do you just give him some info to work from, or do you have to have something conceptualized?

No, I am not ashamed that I have a major crush on a man who dressed in tights and made faces for most of the 80's, and now plays a crippled drug addicted doctor...and is almost the same age as my father.
ChroniclesofYarnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:46 AM   #23
Silver
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by ChroniclesofYarnia View Post
Silver, have you ever seen any cover-up work done? I want to have the one on my shoulder done over with something else. Also, when you see an artist, do you just give him some info to work from, or do you have to have something conceptualized?
I've seen photos of cover up work, and the results are always amazing. But I doubt they take pics of crappy results. lol Sometimes coverup just won't work because of the original tat color or placement. When you go see an artist, (a reputable artist that is), the first thing to remember is that they know what they're talking about. If they say it can't be done, or it won't work, believe them. They're not going to talk themselves out of money, they want you to be happy with the result. So if they say no, trust their judgment. And on the other hand, if he suggests how to cover it, be open to his suggestions, but be firm on what YOU want too. It's YOUR skin.

When you walk into the studio, you should have at least an idea of what you want. Of course, there's nothing wrong with looking around at all the art on the walls and picking something you like, that's why they're there, but don't go up to the artist and say "I don't know what I want". Figure out at least a concept before you consult with him so he has something to jump off from. If you want him to sketch something up for you, ask him to, and ask for a total price quote. The sketch is included in the tattoo price.

When I approached my artist with my knitting tattoo idea, I had prepared my own version in Photoshop so he could see exactly what I wanted. Then I left it in his hands to sketch up his rendition. I then took that, made some minor edits, and we're at a finished design. All I need now is an appointment...

Silver's Sock Classes
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Old 09-14-2007, 12:15 PM   #24
Silver
Instepping Out

I got my appointment... October 3rd @ 5pm. Wah!! Almost THREE weeks away!

Silver's Sock Classes
Old 09-14-2007, 12:22 PM   #25
ChroniclesofYarnia
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to ChroniclesofYarnia
That is really exciting! When I was 18 I got a piece of flash (a cherub from Fantastia, real small) on my right upper arm. It's faded now and just blah. I want to cover it up with something that works in my knitting, kids, and love of books, but I am NOT an artist, and am rather uncreative. I can't really visualize anything, so I have just been waiting.

I can't wait to see your new tat!

No, I am not ashamed that I have a major crush on a man who dressed in tights and made faces for most of the 80's, and now plays a crippled drug addicted doctor...and is almost the same age as my father.
ChroniclesofYarnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:26 PM   #26
kristinw
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I got my appointment... October 3rd @ 5pm. Wah!! Almost THREE weeks away!
Yay!! Stinks you have to wait 3 weeks though. I waited about 3 weeks in between sessions and it was torturous!

Can't wait to see it!

My knitting blog: The Knit of It

I'm kristin on
kristinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:32 PM   #27
Silver
Instepping Out

I know... waiting is not going to be fun. But it's good to know that the artist is so good he has a waiting list.

Silver's Sock Classes
Old 09-14-2007, 02:23 PM   #28
ecb
Working the Gusset

Send a message via ICQ to ecb Send a message via AIM to ecb Send a message via MSN to ecb Send a message via Yahoo to ecb
here is mine
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tat.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	43685  
Good judgement comes from experience
but Experience comes from Bad Judgment
ecb
ecb is offline   Reply With Quote