Old 09-14-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
Waz
Casting On

Western New York - Buffalo Area
I'm new to this site and didn't see any postings for the Western New York area. Anyone else in the area?
Waz is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:51 PM   #2
Momika
Casting On

I'm mostly a lurker here ... but I'm in Buffalo (Kenmore to be specific).
Momika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
8kids4me
Casting On

I'm in Rochester.

Cindy
8kids4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:28 AM   #4
Waz
Casting On

Western NY Knitters!
I'm in the E Amherst area.
I'm very new to knitting; my experience runs to sewing and tailoring. In an effort to teach myself to knit, I've completed two sleeveless shell type sweaters and one tunic length sweater with sleeves. This I did in a 'Chunky' yard, so it was very fast to knit. I'm still working on the wrap sweater that I found in New Zealand (this sweater is the reason I'm learning how to knit).
Do either of you ladies know of places around here to buy good, natural fiber yarn? Except for the yarn in the wrap sweater, I've gotten my yarn at JoAnns and Micheals.
I was also wondering what knitting any of you do for men. I only need so many sweaters and I'd love to make something for my husband (who actually wears sweaters) and sons (who don't wear sweaters, but would use afghans). This is just like sewing; not much out there for males, but tons of different things for females.

Hey! I could be knitting!
Waz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
ginan_purl
Casting On

WNY Knitter!
Hello
I am in the Lockport area, I am an intermediate knitter, would love to learn to make sweaters, socks and gloves - I also prefer natural fibers and have found 2 lys which have a nice selection - Nice to find fellow WNY knitters!
ginan_purl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:17 PM   #6
ginan_purl
Casting On

LYS
hello from Lockport! I found a LYS called 'Yarn It All' on Campbell Rd in Pendleton and another on Main St in Snyder (very close to Harlem Rd) forgot the name though - both have a nice selection of natural fiber yarns which I also prefer.
I am a self-taught 'advanced-beginner' would love to learn how to make sweaters, gloves and socks.
Nice to find another local knitter
take care
gina
Originally Posted by Waz View Post
I'm in the E Amherst area.
I'm very new to knitting; my experience runs to sewing and tailoring. In an effort to teach myself to knit, I've completed two sleeveless shell type sweaters and one tunic length sweater with sleeves. This I did in a 'Chunky' yard, so it was very fast to knit. I'm still working on the wrap sweater that I found in New Zealand (this sweater is the reason I'm learning how to knit).
Do either of you ladies know of places around here to buy good, natural fiber yarn? Except for the yarn in the wrap sweater, I've gotten my yarn at JoAnns and Micheals.
I was also wondering what knitting any of you do for men. I only need so many sweaters and I'd love to make something for my husband (who actually wears sweaters) and sons (who don't wear sweaters, but would use afghans). This is just like sewing; not much out there for males, but tons of different things for females.
ginan_purl is offline   Reply With Quote