Old 12-18-2007, 06:31 PM   #21
yarnwrangler
Casting On

I am new to this forum. I live near Denton about to move to Decatur. Kinda new to knitting. Trying to knit everything so I can be a better knitter!!! I have been using this site for the videos and such and decided to join so I posted all my questions today that I have been saving up. I don't know anyone who knits.
yarnwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-18-2007, 06:51 PM   #22
cdjack
Turning the Heel

Hi there!

I live about 15 miles east of Denton. I've been knitting for about three years. Everyone here is very helpful.

Happy Knitting!

Courtney
cdjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #23
CDKnittingMama
Casting On

I live in Grand Prairie, smack in the middle of Dallas and Ft Worth on I 30.

Ive been knitting for about 1 year.

SAHMommy to a wonderful 2 year old boy,
Gabriel.
CDKnittingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:59 PM   #24
cdjack
Turning the Heel

If any of you are ever near Celina (north of Frisco), you must visit Delightful Hands. It is a very cute yarn/scrapbooking shop in downtown Celina. The owner is so helpful, you will feel at home right away.

Courtney
Old 06-26-2008, 02:08 AM   #25
kristaj
1st Leg of the Journey

I'm almost as far North Texas as you can get except for the Panhandle. I'm in Wichita Falls, and I am in total agreement with the people from around Abiline. I would give my first born child for a LYS here. I have to use the internet almost exclusively. Chain stores just don't quite cut it. I will be in Lewisville in two weeks for my brother's wedding how far away is that from the yarn shops that have been mentioned? I love this site, it's wonderful to "talk" to other knitters.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:35 AM   #26
toomuch
Ribbing the Cuff

The only one I can think of that's close to Lewisville is the Woolie Ewe in Plano. It would be well worth the extra time to go there.
toomuch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to toomuch For This Useful Post:
kristaj (06-27-2008)
Old 06-30-2008, 08:00 AM   #27
Slim
Working the Gusset

Hi, all. I'm in Fort Worth. A lot of new N. Texas knitters out there! Definitely try to make the trip to the Woolie Ewe when you're in Lewisville -- it's not far. It's well worth the effort! Another good shop in the north Dallas area is Yarn & Stitches at Coit & Arapaho.
In the Fort Worth area I like Jennings Street Yarns, The Knitting Nook in N. Richland Hills, and Simpatico in Bedford.
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:48 AM   #28
cdjack
Turning the Heel

I'm not a fan of the Woolie Ewe. It's a bit far from Lewisville, but the Shabby Sheep in Dallas is lovely. Oh, and Delightful Hands in downtown Celina is wonderful, as well. Celina is about 10 miles north of Frisco off of Preston Rd. And, Sherry ,the owner, has Malabrigo!

Courtney
Old 06-30-2008, 07:15 PM   #29
remclave
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by kristaj View Post
I'm almost as far North Texas as you can get except for the Panhandle. I'm in Wichita Falls, and I am in total agreement with the people from around Abiline. I would give my first born child for a LYS here. I have to use the internet almost exclusively. Chain stores just don't quite cut it. I will be in Lewisville in two weeks for my brother's wedding how far away is that from the yarn shops that have been mentioned? I love this site, it's wonderful to "talk" to other knitters.
I feel for you. I was in WF in 1980, then from 1984 through 1994. The place definitely felt small even though it's spread out.

WIMs:
>Laphghan

OTNs:
>
Intarsia sweater; Toys for Tots 2009 toy baby blankets

FOs:
>
6 pr socks (includes Leaves in the Rain Socks); 1 pr baby socks; cradle cap shawl; 2 Aran jumpers; 3 washclothes; fingerless gloves for DD; 2 Forest Canopy Shawls; numerous baby blankets (Toys for Tots 2008); BSJ

OTHs:
>Filet panel; Carry-All bag; 2 Christening gowns;

CFOs
>Faux knitted handbag; Amigurumi owl, panda bear (no pattern); 2 Filet square doilies
remclave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #30
ktd205
Casting On

Hi everyone!

I'm in Dallas... East Dallas to be exact. New to knitting (about 4 months) and even newer to this forum.
ktd205 is offline   Reply With Quote