Old 03-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #71
mspwrz
1st Leg of the Journey

I am new to this site and am looking to connect with knitters and crocheters in the area. I am interested in learning more as well as starting a charity knitting or crochet group. I am also interested in starting a program to teach young people to knit for relaxation and community service (like Warm Up America squares). I have only been knitting a few months and my skills are not that advanced BUT I am willing to use what I know to teach others. I have never been to a 'yarn shop' but I am happy with the things I have made and passed on to others all the same. I have been in Wichita Falls for about four years.

Last edited by mspwrz : 03-23-2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Misspelled words.
mspwrz is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-26-2010, 02:30 AM   #72
mspwrz
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by mikayla0813 View Post
I live in Wichita Falls too! I just joined this site today and would love to meet you...I need all the knitting help I can get!
I just joined recently and am interested in getting to know other knitters in Wichita Falls. I am a novice knitter but interested in doing some Charity knitting as well as learning more advanced things beyond the basics I have been doing. I have heard that there is a knitting group at the WFPL. I could call and find out if they still meet and send you details. I have never gone myself because I am such a novice.

Last edited by mspwrz : 03-26-2010 at 02:31 AM. Reason: spelling
mspwrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #73
gerontologee
Casting On

Originally Posted by iteachdigital View Post
Just found this today and have knitting on my list of 43 things to do. I can cast on like no tomorrow.. but really need someone to just be the guide to help. I found the great videos on this site and have decided to start with continental. My goal is to be able to make nice scarves and blankets for family and friends. I live in Garland, TX.

I am new here and I live in Garland as well! How exciting to know that I'm close to someone who is also struggling. Maybe we could meet somewhere sometime and see if we can help each other along.
gerontologee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #74
kittykins
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi everyone! I'm from Rockwall,(just NE of the Dallas/Ft. Worth area). I've been knitting on and off most of my life, but I'm new to KH and I'm really, really, REALLY new to the computer! Most of the time I'm fumbling around; clicking here, clicking there. I keep telling myself I'm learning something every day, but think it's in teeny tiny baby steps. Although I feel comfortable with my knitting, I've been somewhat hesitant to try new things....now with all the help and videos here I think, (no, I KNOW), I will begin to expand my skills. Just a note to all you new knitters out there: Don't give up! Keep at it! If I can learn how to use this computer, you sure as heck can learn how to knit!
kittykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #75
Antares
Working the Gusset

I see that there are a few people who live "near" or "around" Abilene. I'm S of Abilene and would love to get in touch with some local (or almost local) knitters/crocheters.
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:40 AM   #76
Smee
Casting On

Denton Area Knitter
I've been knitting now for almost 2 years after learning online, via this site in fact. I've been mainly knitting hats, scarves, and baby blankets, but am now venturing into the glove realm. Frustrating, but I know the end result will be worth it.

I am also joining a few of my coworkers this coming month and learning to crochet. I'm excited!
Smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #77
TexasRed830
Casting On

How do you feel about northeast Texas - I am about 40-45 miles North of Tyler in Alba - also works out to about 45 south of Greenville on 69.

I am a re-beginner - starting again after ~ 30 years hiatus. I can crochet fairly well. After a couple of scarves last year, I am trying to make a man's raglan sleeve sweater and feel fairly defeated by the pattern.

However, I keep trying. Contact me if you wish to make a drive to the country.
TexasRed830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #78
TexasRed830
Casting On

Hi

I travel to Lake Tahoe every October and there is a darling store call The Knitting Nest run by a great girl - Lauren Wayne. She has two e-mails
knittingnest@yahoo.com and tahoeknittingnest.com -
Her yarns are the most unique I have ever seen - some even hand painted.

If you contact her I bet she could fix you up with truly beautiful yarns

Hope this helps.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #79
TexasRed830
Casting On

Hi Kittykins

I am in Alba (pop. 430) about 1 hr 15 min from Rockwall. Let me know if you want to exchange training - you may be my answer to my cardigan problems and I am will to trade computer how to!

Do you drive distances? If not I may be able to come to you.

Let me know.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #80
kittykins
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi TexasRed!
Hey maybe we could help each other out !Ya gotta keep in mind I'm not an expert knitter. I knit some sweaters about a kazillion years ago...think some were even raglan. I really don't like getting out of my little comfort zone here. Lived in Houston for about 35 years and then moved to Rockwall about 2 years ago to be closer to my son and family. I would love if you could come here!! Could we exchange some PMs or emails?
Jeanie
kittykins is offline   Reply With Quote