Old 09-22-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
*KnitPixie*
Turning the Heel

Sponsor: Children's International
Has anyone ever sponsored a child before? My mother and I were thinking about doing this together. It costs $22 a month so she was going to pay $11 a month and I would pay $11 and if it turns out we like it we'll both sponsor our own child. My mom is 48 and i guess because I am getting older she wants to still take care of a small child lol You see I am an only child and my mom is a single parent and she feels for parents or single parents struggling to support their children. She had some hard times when I was a baby and now that she has a good job,im grown, and shes more financially stable she wants to help others in needI love my mom she has such a big and so much love to shareIf anyone has any sponsorship experiences I would love to hear them!

We could learn a lot from crayons:some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names,
and all are different colors....
but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*KnitPixie* is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #2
newamy
Working the Gusset

We sponsor a child through Holt International. A boy in China. We have sponsored him for 7 years. We get quarterly reports and a nice photo.

Holt International is my daughters adoption agency. They work in many countries through out the world. Not just with adoption; they also provide releif services and education and support for family preservation so that adverse circumstances don't cause children to be placed in orphanages. And in some countries they do work and education and provide care in orphanages. It all depends on what the country and children there need. The sponsorship money is actually pooled for the entire program- in my case China -to benefit all children, but the report on the individual child helps one feel connected. You can choose a country of interest to you or you can choose "where the need is greatest" and you will be surprised by what you get.

Their web site is www.holtintl.org. Sponsors also get their monthly magazine and they annually publish their financial report and their administraive costs are low. Last I check with an online charity rating they were 4 out of 5 stars.

I really beleive that Holt International is a reliable organization where the money goes where it is supposed to. Our experiences in adopting our daughter through Holt were excellent.

I'm newamy on
newamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:50 AM   #3
Sunny_Singer
Knitting the Flap

We adopted a child through the Save the Children foundation.
We adopted a 14 yr old girl from Korea as a class at my school when I was 14. Hyereong and I became friends and were penpals for over 5 years.

We lost contact due to outside interference. She sent me things she did in school.

I am one of the unlucky ones: I cannot view videos

OTN:

blanket for a man, scarf, poncho, 1 rug, baby blanket, finger puppet

2008 FO:

finger puppets: cat (2), dog, pig, frog, butterfly, bunny
Sunny_Singer is offline   Reply With Quote