Old 09-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #11
karne
1st Leg of the Journey

Gosh I'm sorry to hear about your pain. Chronic pain is exhausting. I deal with fibromyalgia, so I have an inkling of what you're going through.

I also went through a LOT of foot surgeries, oh my, talk about pain. I'm to the point again, where the surgeries need to be done again. but I don't think I'll do it. It was too long (3 yrs) too painful and for too short of time (about 1 yr pain free walking). It's not worth it, I'll eventually end up in a wheelchair.

I hope you find something that works really soon. And a good dr., as they can make all the difference. Hugs...

Visit my Etsy shop
Visit my blog
Visit my blog for Pay It Forward Fun!

karne is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-23-2007, 07:24 PM   #12
Mulderknitter
Working the Gusset

I actually dealt with chronic chest pain for 4 years before I found out the cause. Before I took matters into my own hands I was on 4 different medications twice a day. NONE worked. but my doctor kept increasing the dosages instead of exploring other options.
One day I had chest pains so bad I thought I was dying. I actually knew I was dying. But insstead of going to the ER like I had all the other times I had chest pains, I walked myself through it. Literally paced the house for hours.
The next day I called a therapist. He immediatly put me on anti-anxiety meds and changed my life. I stopped the other meds cold turkey and started to work on what is now diagnosed as a panic disorder.
It took time. And it was frustrating. I know your problem is medical, and mine is mental health, but I sense the same frustration. I never thought I would ever find relief. I lived with the pain, real physical pain brought on by the disorder, for so long that I just didn't think it would go away. and the indifference by my doctor was not helping
My point is that eventually it will get better. you will find some answer, and you will find someone that is dedicated enough to helping you find that answer. You too will find that I am sure of it
Oddball Pet Snuggles
I am Mulderknitter on Ravelry, add me to your friends!

My Blog
http://susanknitsandwrites.blogspot.com/
Add me to your faves and leave a comment, I love comments!
Mulderknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:35 PM   #13
ecb
Working the Gusset

Send a message via ICQ to ecb Send a message via AIM to ecb Send a message via MSN to ecb Send a message via Yahoo to ecb
I feel for you

I am dealing with some pain issues myself
its very specific, just severe twinges of pain, randomly at places where my ligaments or tendons connect to the muscles. No Idea what it is, and its not constant enough to take anything (but it makes driving interesting sometimes) My kids are used to it, and in some ways that bothers me more than knowing the pain will just happen over and over again. The kids still want to make me feel better, and there is Nothing they can do.
I used to work at a Pain Center with Thomas Jefferson Hospital. I learned a LOT there but not enough to help with this thing.

ecb
Good judgement comes from experience
but Experience comes from Bad Judgment
ecb
ecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:32 AM   #14
gingerbread
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to gingerbread Send a message via Skype™ to gingerbread
As much as this new doctor gets to me, I think he is on the right track.
It started out almost six years ago. Back surgery started it. A very bad disk and shards everywhere well I guess he got it all. Then stupid me when the pain started going down my leg again he fused my spine. The pain was still bad I finally told him after almost a year, just rip the damn leg off at the hip!!!!!!!! He through me and my husband out of his office!!!
Yup I could not believe it thank goodness my regular doctor saved me. Gave me my meds and has worked with me and other doctors to see why there is pain.
I see my doctor today for the pain and will let everyone know how it goes. Keep me in your thoughts that it goes well and that he can give me some good hope this time. He thinks it is nerve damage we just don't know how much yet.

Teri

I am memere on Ravelry
gingerbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:05 AM   #15
blueeyes28
Turning the Heel

Mulderknitter I just had the same thing happen to me with chest pains it only started last year but I really thought that I had some crazy problem that was going to kill me like my heart swelling or something and I turned out that it was anxiety due to a hormone imbalance and believe or not it is birthcontrol pills that have finally taken away that pain.
blueeyes28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:09 AM   #16
PurlyGyrl
Working the Gusset

OMGosh! Chronic pain s*cks! Hope you soon get some relief.

I'm PurlyGyrl on Ravelry, too!
I just don't know how to do that button thing
My favorite blue eyed guy
PurlyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:08 PM   #17
willowangel
Knitting the Flap

Good luck! I have fibromyalgia and a bunch of other things, and live with chronic pain. Everything they give me can take the edge off, but not enough to not be in pain all the time. It gets exhausting, but I hope you can find a solution.

I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow to see what else I can do, but doubt there's anything. I just keep going along to see if there's new stuff. They just upped my painkillers again last week cause I'm in a flare.

I often think I'd love to see Dr House - he seems to be able to take people with random symptoms and find a cure for their terrible problems - wonder if he'd work on me ;-) I wish. I'm hoping that, hopefully before I'm too old, they'll find something that works for fibro and I can have my life back. I may not have got my 20s, but maybe I could get my 40s or something. That would be nice.

We also don't really have pain management doctors here. We just have GPs who prescribe random stuff and hope for the best, or just say 'you have this, go home and wait to be better'. I wish we had a pain clinic up here, I know they've got them further south, but I don't know how effective they'd be.

Good luck again,
Fi xx
Old 09-24-2007, 08:26 PM   #18
gingerbread
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to gingerbread Send a message via Skype™ to gingerbread
Well went to see the doctor today he uped the meds and next week I go and have another procedure on my butt this is the third hope it is the charm

Teri

I am memere on Ravelry
gingerbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:29 PM   #19
Mulderknitter
Working the Gusset

Sending hugs your way!
Oddball Pet Snuggles
I am Mulderknitter on Ravelry, add me to your friends!

My Blog
http://susanknitsandwrites.blogspot.com/
Add me to your faves and leave a comment, I love comments!
Mulderknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:46 AM   #20
DorothyDot
Knitting the Flap

Another fibromyalgia victim here, as well as chronic knee pain [no cartilige - just bone on bone].

Seems like the nights are the worst. Then I put on the earphones and crank up the music. I work real hard to think myself into the tunes. Seems to help, at least through the worst times.

You know what is far, far worse than chronic pain and pain flare-ups?

Having chronic pain and flare-ups all by yourself. No one else is there with you. Friends get fed up with helping you all the time. You don't dare talk about it because no one wants to be around so much negative.

Hurting by your self is the worst.

My words sell the Magic of a Dream

DorothyDot is offline   Reply With Quote