Old 12-29-2007, 11:44 AM   #81
aprildavis99
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to aprildavis99
I finished the knit blanket I started. It's knit in stockinette with a garter border and about every 20 rows I added a single garter ridge to give it some texture. I was making it sideways...working along the long edge of the blanket. It turned out to be 38 inches long and 27 inches wide. I was hoping to make it a bit wider, but I ran out of yarn. I am on a yarn ban per my hubby since I just bought a $55 hank of lace weight yarn. It think it will be ok, though.

I am starting my next one. It will be a giant crocheted granny square using to different but similar variegated yarns. One is Red heart Pink Camoflauge and the other is Cherry Chip. They both have pinks and browns, one is paler and the other is dark. I will put a cream colored yarn in between. Should work up quickly.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-01-2008, 08:21 PM   #82
Ayla
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via MSN to Ayla Send a message via Yahoo to Ayla
Things
Regarding blankets if you are more comfortable using crochet to make your blanket then by all means do so. Congradulations to Aprildavis99 for the completion of your blanket! So sorry for the short post but I have a grandmother who is being rude..Not to mention the fact that I have to take care of my cute little one. Hope things are well and happy new year!
Ayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:42 AM   #83
lizardknits
1st Leg of the Journey

becca, how big is your blanket that you finnished and what sort of gauge does it have?

otn- a beautiful turquoise blanket in moss stitch (for previously mentioned cousin's coming second child, due late july 2012)
FO- a few hats in the round(just taught myself to join without twisting)
to try next- an entrelac blanket with yarn someone gave my mom
something else fun- making a blanket in the round
lizardknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:14 AM   #84
rorygilmore
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to rorygilmore
I would love to this KAL, I'm working on a login cabin blanket for my unborn boy. I'm using yarn I hand dyed. My blanket is about 12x12 right now, maybe a little bigger. I don't know how big its going to be yet, I only have four skeins of yarn which are 220 yards each.

Stagebear,I love that green and cream pinwheel blanket!
My Etsy(free shipping for KnittingHelp members, just put knittinghelp in the note to the seller!): http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5027635

rorygilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:06 PM   #85
lizardknits
1st Leg of the Journey

I am mostly done with the baby blanket that I made in squares. I hope to have pictures of it within a few weeks. i started a new project today. a baby blanket in pale green.

otn- a beautiful turquoise blanket in moss stitch (for previously mentioned cousin's coming second child, due late july 2012)
Old 03-21-2008, 12:36 AM   #86
Hugg
Casting On

If this is something that might be ongoing, I want IN lol I have a grand daughter due July 4th. I just finished a crocheted ripple blanket using the bernat baby stripes yarn. I would MUCH rather knit them. My grandson who will be 4 on Monday has decided that I have to make him one tooooo. I just have NO idea what colors or what pattern to use for a lil boy. I know I want to make the hearts baby blanket that the link on the first (or second) post showed. I have the lion brand pound of love in turquoise for it. My daughter doesn't want a bunch of pink and loves the aqua color.

I just need motivation so I don't start on them and toss them aside because I found a bazillion other projects I just HAVE to do
Hugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #87
lizardknits
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Hugg View Post
If this is something that might be ongoing, I want IN lol I have a grand daughter due July 4th. I just finished a crocheted ripple blanket using the bernat baby stripes yarn. I would MUCH rather knit them. My grandson who will be 4 on Monday has decided that I have to make him one tooooo. I just have NO idea what colors or what pattern to use for a lil boy. I know I want to make the hearts baby blanket that the link on the first (or second) post showed. I have the lion brand pound of love in turquoise for it. My daughter doesn't want a bunch of pink and loves the aqua color.

I just need motivation so I don't start on them and toss them aside because I found a bazillion other projects I just HAVE to do
try the pound of love pattern

Old 03-21-2008, 07:26 PM   #88
kayrun
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by aprildavis99 View Post
I finished the knit blanket I started. It's knit in stockinette with a garter border and about every 20 rows I added a single garter ridge to give it some texture. I was making it sideways...working along the long edge of the blanket. It turned out to be 38 inches long and 27 inches wide. I was hoping to make it a bit wider, but I ran out of yarn. I am on a yarn ban per my hubby since I just bought a $55 hank of lace weight yarn. It think it will be ok, though.
This sounds really simple, but classic!
And would work for either gender....
Did you use worsted wt yarn?
And approx. how many st. did you cast on?
Thanks for the help,
Karen G
in GA
kayrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #89
lizardknits
1st Leg of the Journey

update with pictures
Originally Posted by lizardknits View Post
I am mostly done with the baby blanket that I made in squares. I hope to have pictures of it within a few weeks. i started a new project today. a baby blanket in pale green.
i have finnished the green blanket and I now have pictures of the other blanket
green blanket

big patchwork blanket (my first baby blanket)

this blanket will probably be saved for when I have kids

Old 06-08-2008, 07:27 PM   #90
lizardknits
1st Leg of the Journey

I am now making the heirloom baby blanket http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/projects/baby.html in Caron Simply Soft in Soft Green. I have made one panel and have gotten halfway through the next panel. I have started the border as well. Since I am using a worsted weight yarn, I will make 6 panels and the border instead of 7 and the border.