Old 09-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
stitchwitch
Working the Gusset

Goonie comments from people
The other thread on insensitive comments regarding pregnancy got me thinking about some of the stuff I've heard over the years. I think we should all share a laugh at the expense of the rude, insensitive and overal moronic people who say just plain dumb stuff and share some of the comments we've heard over the years that are just so ridiculous they are funny (doesn't have to be preggo related, can be anything).

Here's mine...I had a friend in school that knew I rode a sport bike. Every chance she had she would tell me how I was going to die on the thing. Nothing like being a positive person.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #2
MMario
Turning the Heel

A patron walks up to me at a Dickons festival - reaches out and grabs a handul of my hair
(what made her feel she had the liberty to do that I don't know)

- turns to her friend and says "You'd think they'd spend a bit more and get a good quality wig".

Then there are the people who gush about the family resemblece between me and my god-daughters; who are not related to me in any way!
MMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
iza
Turning the Heel

Here's one someone told me once, we were discussing differences between men and women:

"You're a woman in engineering/physics, it's not the same, I'm talking about a normal woman". I have all the right parts at the right place to be a woman, what else do I need to be a "normal woman"???
Old 09-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
stitchwitch
Working the Gusset

My husband and I were shopping one time, he's 10 1/2 years older than me. We had the cart between us, he was at one end of it, I was at the other and we both were looking at stuff on the shelf. Some guy walks up to me and tells me "You need to take better precautions with your purse (it was in the cart) young lady, that guy is standing right by your cart." I told him it was my husband. He's like "oh, oh, oh, ok sorry." and hauled butt out of the there.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #5
PurlyGyrl
Working the Gusset

Took my mom to the cardiologist for a follow up after triple by-pass surgery and a new nurse was running an EKG on her. To pass the time, the nurse turned to me and said "So are you two sisters? You sure look a lot alike."

Mom's in her 70s-I'm in my 40s. Sisters???????

I told the nurse that either I should be insulted or my Mom should be really happy cause either I'm looking old (and yes I have gray hair) or Mom's looking young (no she doesn't have gray hair-she colors hers!)

I'm PurlyGyrl on Ravelry, too!
I just don't know how to do that button thing
My favorite blue eyed guy
PurlyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #6
Kaydee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Kaydee
Originally Posted by MMario View Post
A patron walks up to me at a Dickons festival - reaches out and grabs a handul of my hair
(what made her feel she had the liberty to do that I don't know)

- turns to her friend and says "You'd think they'd spend a bit more and get a good quality wig".

What normal person does something like that!?
Kaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:00 PM   #7
MMario
Turning the Heel

There is something about the service industry (and live entertainment is when you get down to it a service industry) that makes *some* customers de-humanize the person giving the service. I don't know why - but it happens.
MMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #8
letah75
Working the Gusset

My personal favorite (which I get quite often living in a college town).

I'm walking down the street, drunk (or sometimes not) male walking towards me...."WOW, those boobs are huge!"

Uh? Really? I hadn't noticed! All that I hear in my head is "You're an ***." repeating over and over.

Or when people I DON'T KNOW, come up to me and feel the need to ask "Are those fake? Who did you go to?" Ok, their real, and it's really NOT your business!!!"

Why do people think that is their business?!? If I had my ears pinned NO ONE would think to say, "OH, I see you had your ears pinned. Who did you go to?" grrrrr.

I've had people ask if my hair was extensions as well, and come up and touch my hair. I HATE it when people I don't know touch me. I'm not a touchy feely person anyway.

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased thus do we refute entropy." - Spider Robinson
letah75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #9
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

I hate it when grandmothers are making offensive remarks. My DH's grandmother never, I mean NEVER offered us a glass of water on a hot (or not so hot) day, she thinks if we'll want one, we'll ask. On her birthday we get a cheap cake and stories of her not cooking anymore. And every time we're coming to visit her (every month or so) i here the same "Oh, dear, Igor (DH) is getting so thin..*sighs*".What can I do that he's eating a lot and works hard, so he's not gaining weight? So last time I plainly answered her coolly:"Yeah, Igor got thinner, there's nothing to eat and i hear the wind howling in my fridge". My MIL almost fell from her chair trying to stop herself from laughing.
KnittingNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:42 PM   #10
MellieThePooh
1st Leg of the Journey

Working as a cashier at Panera, I had an issue counting change one morning because I'd been awake since 4 am and it had been a busy morning. The customer said, 'I can see you went to public school'. I was so flabbergasted I couldn't think of a response, at least not one that wouldn't have gotten me fired. Awhile later, I thought of a response: I can see you learned your manners from a pack of wolves...
MellieThePooh is offline   Reply With Quote