Working the Gusset

on them, MelliethePooh!

I'm PurlyGyrl on Ravelry, too!
I just don't know how to do that button thing
My favorite blue eyed guy
PurlyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PurlyGyrl For This Useful Post:
MellieThePooh (09-24-2007)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-24-2007, 04:50 PM   #12
Sharly
Turning the Heel

Hubby and I recently walked into a local sales office to purchase new cell phones. We happened to both be wearing collegiate football team shirts. One guy (who was with a customer) got up and said "you guys can't come in here - you have the wrong shirts" - that ticked me off so bad!! I immediately responed "well, we can LEAVE!" Hubby however is a better sport than I am and everything ended well when another sales associate helped us. Ugh! I mean, I know college football is a religion in Alabama, but please! This guy is in a sales position representing a company, and I was the customer!
Old 09-24-2007, 04:54 PM   #13
Sharly
Turning the Heel

This is a good topic! I don't mean to dominate, but I thought of another one!

I know many of you here can relate to this. A few years ago, I lost my precious kitty of 18 years (who was really more like a teenage son than a pet), but I dragged myself into work because I felt like I had to. I cried off and on all day and a girl in my office came up to me and said "It will be okay, you can get another cat"...
Old 09-24-2007, 04:54 PM   #14
PurlyGyrl
Working the Gusset

Sharly, I take it you WEREN'T wearing a Bama shirt!Just kidding.

I get the same reaction when I DON'T wear a UT Vols shirt on Fridays before the game (looks kinda stupid with a business suit so I don't)--rude comments from people in the Courthouse who are wearing UT shirts. Pooh on them!

And there is a special place in hel* for people who say "its only a cat" or "its only a dog", too--right next to the stupid people who make stupid comments like that!

I'm PurlyGyrl on Ravelry, too!
I just don't know how to do that button thing
My favorite blue eyed guy

Last edited by PurlyGyrl : 09-24-2007 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Me and Sharly submitted at the same time!
PurlyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:15 PM   #15
MamaMer
1st Leg of the Journey

I am preggers with our 4th boy, and lemme tell you, not only did I dread telling people (especially family who sometimes can be the cruelest commentators on your life, as if being a blood relation gives them more of a right, but I digress...) that we were even having another child (yes-we planned it, yes we know what causes pregnancy and no we don't want to stop doing it, nope it was an accident or surprise, yes I know what birth control is, I just don't like what it does to healthy female bodies and to potential unborn babies, no I am not Catholic, and finally, yes I have my hands full, but luckily I sling my babies, so it isn't very often that they stay that way!)

But I dread telling people it is another boy. We of course would love a daughter, but another boy is also very exciting!! Psalm 127:3-5 is like my life's theme verse!

Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him. 4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one's youth.
5 Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.

But sadly most people don't share in our gladness, they insist on giving me that "look"--the one that says "that is too many kids" or "too bad it isn't a girl, otherwise we would be happy for you"

It makes me sad sometimes :(
MamaMer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaMer For This Useful Post:
kellyh57 (09-24-2007), msoebel (09-25-2007)
Old 09-24-2007, 05:16 PM   #16
stitchwitch
Working the Gusset

I don't work, I work for my husband in his business, well it seems to be a big issue with my neighbor. One night I got home and he was standing beside my garage and asks me where I've been all week. I told him I had jury duty and he says to me "oh, I thought you got a job so you can contribute to the ecomony." This coming from one of the cheapest people I have ever known, the guy sits in the dark because he's afraid of his electric bill.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #17
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
I am shocked at all this lack of manners.

I was 2 mos pregnant with my second child and ended up with influenza which led to a 104+ temp and pneumonia. Someone had the gall to tell me my baby would probably be brain damaged from the high fever. What kind of person tells a pregnant mom that kind of thing!? I wish I could remember who it was so I could flaunt my gifted, high IQ daughter in their face. Sheesh!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:37 PM   #18
jjminarcik
Turning the Heel

Stitchwitch - thank you for starting this thread!

Someone mentioned grandmothers saying rude things. . . here are 2 for you. Keep in mind, my grandmother is 88 yrs old, completely sane, and has NO filter of her words, she just says what she thinks.
When I started college I discovered beer and put on a few pounds. When everyone got together at Christmas that year and I got up during dinner to get something and walked across the room. She said - to about 20 other people in the room - "Damn, JJ is getting fat!" (I was a size 6 at the time).

I now live 800 miles away from home. When me and DH went back in July we had a big get together with everyone and she was there. We were all having a few beers, no big deal. I walk out on the porch with a beer in my hand and she says "JJ, now I know what keeps you so fat" (I'm a size 8) Again,

Usually we laugh off her comments. After all, they will make great stories for when she is in Heaven one day. But still, how rude!

OTN: Socks, socks, socks
My first sweater

jjminarcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:55 PM   #19
iza
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
What kind of person tells a pregnant mom that kind of thing!?
That makes me think of something my mom told me. I was born with a clubfoot, which is not a serious condition, but it was a bit hard on my parents since I was their first child. Well someone told my mom it was her fault I was born like this, she must have secretly wanted this to happen.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:56 PM   #20
Limey
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by stitchwitch View Post
I don't work, I work for my husband in his business, well it seems to be a big issue with my neighbor. One night I got home and he was standing beside my garage and asks me where I've been all week. I told him I had jury duty and he says to me "oh, I thought you got a job so you can contribute to the ecomony." This coming from one of the cheapest people I have ever known, the guy sits in the dark because he's afraid of his electric bill.

It's becoming more and more obvious that you're descended from Limeys!
Limey is offline   Reply With Quote