Old 10-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #21
pauly81
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to pauly81
looks good I'd like to knit up a quick throw
The Following User Says Thank You to pauly81 For This Useful Post:
spectorkitty (10-02-2007)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-04-2007, 09:32 PM   #22
Knitter78
Casting On

Thanks...those colors are absolutely beautiful together. I have started mine. I went with just your basic cream and deco, but only because my nephew asked for white and cream. I'm about 5 inches in. It has taken me a bit, because I keep having to put it down and tend to other things. But, geez do I love working with these speed stix. You can knit up a few rows in no time, and it is easy and simple. I know you said you used Tudor, Fuchsia, and Deco. But, how many strands of what colors? Like 2 Tudors, 1 Fuchsia, and 1 Deco held together. Am I close on the combination? Just a guess.
Knitter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knitter78 For This Useful Post:
spectorkitty (10-05-2007)
Old 10-05-2007, 10:47 AM   #23
spectorkitty
1st Leg of the Journey

Let me see...

Two strands of the Tudor, and one each of the deco and fuchsia.You were exactly right!

I'm going this weekend to buy more homespun in different color combinations to make a couple more afghans.
spectorkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:18 PM   #24
gamerchik
Knitting the Flap

Your throw looks beautiful!!!

I completed one of these also, and I was very pleased with the way it turned out. I did add the fringe, but I knotted every single piece of it so it won't fray. The fringe seemed to take as long as it took to knit the throw!

I've started another one in different colors. These are going to make great Christmas gifts!
spectorkitty (10-08-2007)
Old 10-05-2007, 04:59 PM   #25
knitgal
Working the Gusset

I am dying to make another one of these. I also put the fringe on mine, but I didn't use homespun, so it's not fraying, which is great! I DID find that the fringe took just as long as the actual knitting though, which is hilarious!

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

knitgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2007, 05:00 PM   #26
mare-nitt
Turning the Heel

Looks wonderful. And thanks for the info on the speedstix, never heard of them before.
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...albumview=grid
mare-nitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mare-nitt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2007, 05:14 PM   #27
fargo_knitting
Ribbing the Cuff

I used speed stix 6-hour afghan pattern for the first time about 2 months ago. I made a prayer/comfort blanket for a male. (I figured a prayer shawl wasn't his style ) Anywhoo... I used Caron Simply Soft (I think 5 strands held together) and it turned out really nice. Felt weird to go back to normal sized needles.
fargo_knitting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fargo_knitting For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2007, 05:52 PM   #28
eladine
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to eladine
What cast on method did you use? I've started one, will post pics soon, but the end seems to be curling up slightly?

Yours looks wonderful though... lovely.
eladine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eladine For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2007, 09:27 AM   #29
knitgal
Working the Gusset

It's just stockinette stitch, so it does curl a little. It's quite a heavy throw, so the weight of it helps to keep it flat. Also, I found the fringe helped to keep it flat too. I let my throw hang and it sort of sorted itself out. You could put a little border of garter stitch around it if you wanted to. I used the long tail cast on...I don't know if it made a difference. I also slipped the first stitch on ever row, which may have helped, but the edge looks a little loose. I probably wouldn't slip the firsr stitch on my next throw.

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

knitgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #30
Knitter78
Casting On

Hey and that was just a quick guess....haha! I agree they are going to make wonderful Christmas gifts. I am glad I found this pattern on the lion brand site. I am now half way done with my first one. I usually only knit about 8 rows a day, I know that is horrible....ha! But, I just started it about 4 days ago, and will probably be done with it by week's end. I need to speed up the pace some if I am to finish a few by december. This is such an easy pattern and the needles, although took some getting used too, was simple once worked a few rows over. Now, I am a littel worried about the fringe. Oooh you guys got me dreading that....
Knitter78 is offline   Reply With Quote