Old 09-25-2007, 07:21 AM   #1
psquidy
Turning the Heel

Fiber Trends felted clog finishing problem
I have screwed up the last step to the fiber trends felted clogs twice! The first time I added the sole on backwards so that was fine, i knew what I had done wrong. The second time on the same step the bottom goes the complete opposite direction! I just can't get this step right? The rest of the clog is perfect and it was so much fun to make. I'd like to make more but i dont' know why i can't get that final step to work for me. I've put the whole thing in me closet i am so discouraged. Can any one relate? How can I get this right? HELP!!
psquidy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,765 Times in 7,133 Posts
I don't know the answer because I haven't made them. There is a KAL, but it's not real active right now. You can however search that thread for something and see what they have written about it. When you are in the thread click on search thread and input sole or something.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
yarnbee
Ribbing the Cuff

I can relate! I think I also did something backwards, but not in opposite directions. I started the second clog and got interrupted by life about a month before the last step on the second clog. When I finished the 3 needle bind-off on the sole, I realized it looked different than the first clog. I double checked the instructions and suspect I did the first clog backwards but can't remember what I did. If the sole is not going in the opposite direction (which sounds like what you described), I must've picked up the stitches on the wrong side of the upper clog. Maybe it won't matter once they're felted as long as they match, right? I don't want to redo the first clog because I've already sewn most of the center sole and woven in the ends. It was midnight and my brain muddled when I discovered this mess, so I detached the sole on the second clog and went to bed. Am hoping I can figure it out today.

Did you ever get your clogs out of the closet and finish them?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
stirsmommy
Turning the Heel

I think we all may have an achilles heel spot with them. Mine it was the first innersole of each pair. This last pair I was trying to come up with what else I could do with the yarn. I now have only to finish the outer sole and attach it on the last one and then off to the washer for them. I did find with that one part I had to take constant breaks and work on them first in my knitting projects. If I screwed up (and I don't want to count the number of times I ripped them) I would just rip and put it away. Now I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Since I haven't experienced your particular problem I really can't give hints other than to make sure you start at the heel when picking up the stitches so that they go on straight. It just takes patience.
OTN: Wonderful Wallaby for dd(on hold)
Pigeldy done but needs to be seamed and felted
scarf
Thorne market bag
Clogs (to replace shawls)
Christmas Stocking
In line to be cast on:Clogs (2 more pair)
scarf for ds
cat scarf for ds#2
2 booga bags
stirsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote