Old 04-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #61
Inis
1st Leg of the Journey

I like both -- I like the fabric knitting creates. But love, love lacy crochet.

My mother taught me to crochet when I was in elementary school -- a long, long time ago So, crochet does come easier in terms of understanding what is going on in a pattern.

She attempted to teach me to knit at the same time, but it just wouldn't take.

I began watching Knitty Gritty -- and watched for about a year before picking up needles. It came much easier than I thought it would. I've been knitting about 3 years now.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #62
salos
Ribbing the Cuff

My loves are machine knitting, then crochet, then hand knitting. The logic, you can see, is "What is fastest?" My husband is so thrilled when people give me yarn.

Crochet, though, is harder on my hands. To me the biggest advantage of hand knitting is making cables, which I love. The biggest advantage of crochet is that it's so easy to get squares the right size.
salos is offline   Reply With Quote