Old 10-01-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
kschmitz
Ribbing the Cuff

Turkish Treasure from Scarf Style
I hope someone can help me with Turkish Treasure from Scarf Style (pg 71)...it uses a technique of adding a new strand of yarn for each row, making a self fringe as you work by leaving a long tail at the beginning and end of each row. I'm new to crochet, and apparently I wasn't adding new strands on correctly. I found myself progressively losing stitches with each row.

Is there a trick to joining a new strand at the beginning of a row? I'm familiar with doing a single chain stitch when turning; is there a similar technique?
kschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
roseybee
1st Leg of the Journey

You should actually change colors on the last stitch of the row below. I don't have the pattern, so I don't know what stitches you're doing, but here's a (hopefully helpful) explanation: You want to add the new color at the last YO and pull through of the stitch. So, if you're doing single crochet, you put the hook through the stitch, then pull the new color through. If you're doing double crochet, start with your first color, YO, put hook through, YO (old color) and pull hook through two loops on hook, YO (New color) and pull through two loops on hook.
Leave a fringe-length tail of both colors.
If you need clarification of this not-so-concise description, let me know!

OTN:
Wonderful Wallaby for Linus' 1st birthday (9/16)

Birchbark shawl (my own design) for my mom's 60th birthday (9/15)
At least one ever-present felted bag
roseybee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roseybee For This Useful Post:
kschmitz (10-09-2007)
Old 10-09-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
kschmitz
Ribbing the Cuff

I'll pull the project out and give that a try. I'll have to frog it and start over, but that's all part of learning! Thanks!
kschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote