Old 10-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #1
sarah5353
Casting On

K1,P1
I am having the absolute worst time with any rows where I have to knit and purl. I can do them fine on their own, but not in the same row. I know that I need to move the yarn for each stitch, but I have no idea how to do that. For the knit I should move it to the back and for the purl to the front. But it just never works and I am so frustrated! Please help!
sarah5353 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-05-2007, 02:43 PM   #2
MMario
Turning the Heel

Take the yarn **between** the needles when going in either direction.
MMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
psquidy
Turning the Heel

So for knit the yarn is in the back of the work you insert the right hand needle into the stitch moving from the bottom of the stitch up the needles will form a "X" with the right hand needle behind-pull the stitch off onto the right hand needle. Now move the yarn from the back of the work to the front of the work moving it THRU the tips of the two needles now insert the right hand needle into the stitch on the left hand needle from the top of the stitch moving DOWN this will form a "X" with the right hand needle in front. I hope this helps. I've seen a lot of beginners wrap the yarn clockwise instead of counterclockwise around the needle when purling. Could you maybe be wraping the yarn wrong? Tell us exactly what the problem is and maybe we can do a better job of helping you.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #4
sarah5353
Casting On

Thank you so much! That really helped and now I can do it!
sarah5353 is offline   Reply With Quote