Old 10-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
booskibabe
Knitting the Flap

Any other infertile knitters?
I've been dealing with IF for about 3 years now and knitting has really helped me deal with it. Hey, at least I can accomplish something! Anyway, I just wondered if there was anyone else here who struggle with the same thing, and if knitting has helped.

Gauge - challenged knitter
Knitting is my therapy
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,641 Times in 7,043 Posts
I was lucky in that respect, but I know you are not alone here.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:22 PM   #3
DianaM
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to DianaM Send a message via MSN to DianaM
Although I haven't started trying to get pregnant, I know I have ovarian cysts and erratic ovulations, so infertility is a very strong posibility in my horizon.

My boyfriend and I have discussed this and if we can't conceive we'll definitely go with adoption.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:55 PM   #4
Jenn_Knitter
Ribbing the Cuff

Many huggles! I have a five year old son, but I cannot have anymore children (I'm 26 years old). It's devestating, but I have found knitting to be a great distraction from it. Knitting is incredibly therapeutic and it does help take a person's mind off what's troubling them. I'm sorry you're struggling with this, but just know you're not alone.
Jenn_Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jenn_Knitter For This Useful Post:
booskibabe (10-10-2007)
Old 10-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #5
jjminarcik
Turning the Heel

I'm infertile, too. It contributed to a deep depression that knitting helped me rise from. I havn't gone through any treatments, but I'm sure that I will sometime in the future.

I know exactly what you are going through and if you ever want to talk, I'm always here!

OTN: Socks, socks, socks
My first sweater

jjminarcik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jjminarcik For This Useful Post:
booskibabe (10-10-2007)
Old 10-11-2007, 12:26 AM   #6
Pat in Ca

I had 7 miscarriages.. and one little girl who is now 15..recurring miscarriages is the same thing as infertility.. It was devastating, and I strongly recommend getting professional guidance.. I also was helped a lot by the support group in my area.. RESOLVE..they were a lot a ladies going through the same thing and they traded info on Dr's, treatments, adoption.. just everything involved in getting info on helping you resolve or find your own personal answers to this problem.... I was older and didn't have much time to play with... being a mother is a big decision, and there are many ways to becoming one..for some of us, it is a harder road.. but if you decide to make it happen, one way or another, you will have a special appreciation of motherhood.
I think RESOLVE must still be in existance.. you can try to google it for meetings in your area.. it is so upbeat and positive.. Good Luck
Old 10-11-2007, 07:05 AM   #7
nonny2t
Instepping Out

to you in your struggle. I was one of those women who could look at my husband's pants zipped up and get pregnant, but was told not to have more than two children so my husband did the vasectomy route. God blessed me with two healthy children and I now have 2 beautiful grandchildren. I will pray that God would intercede and give you the child you long for.

As for knitting, though for me it isn't infertility, it is great for weight loss. You can't eat and knit at the same time. Of course, there is always the "set it down, take a bite pick it up again" method, which totally screws things up!
nonny2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:15 AM   #8
booskibabe
Knitting the Flap

Nonny2t - Thank you for your prayers.

Pat in Ca - 7 miscarriages..... wow. I can't even imagine the heartbreak you must have gone through. One of my greatest fears is that I'll finally get PG only to miscarry.
I will look into RESOLVE. Thanks for the tip.

jjminarcik - Thank you for your willingness to talk. It's taken me all this time to finally decide to pursue more aggressive options, so I can understand your hesitance.

Jenn_Knitter - I'm so glad you have a child. I'm so sorry for your loss of future children. That must be very difficult for you.

HanAku - You have what I have. (PCOS and irregular ovulation) In 2 years of charting my cycles (Which I would highly recomend, for educational purposes alone) I've had 12 cycles and I only ovulated in half of them. Please do yourself a big favor and research your options now so you will be as prepared as possible when you are ready to TTC. Even starting some supplements and making sure you reating habits are good now can make a big difference later. Just my $0.02.

Thanks everyone. I'm glad I'm not alone in this.

Gauge - challenged knitter
Knitting is my therapy
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to booskibabe For This Useful Post:
Jenn_Knitter (10-11-2007)
Old 10-11-2007, 02:16 PM   #9
msmelody
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to msmelody
DH and I have two wonderful children, but are facing the real possibility that they will be our only children. I am going through female problems that have been going on for over a year, and to the point where I just want to be able to take care of the children that we have.

I will probably grieve the loss of not having more children when I have the energy.

I am msmelody on Ravelry.

Water4gas is my new pursuit.
msmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:21 PM   #10
Jenn_Knitter
Ribbing the Cuff

Hugs for everyone.
Jenn_Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote