Old 10-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
knovice
Ribbing the Cuff

New Vogue Knitting -- huh?
Well, maybe it's just me, but I'm so disappointed in this issue of Vogue. There's one thing -- *one* -- that I'm interested in knitting in the whole darned magazine. (The one of the front cover). The rest of it? Just doesn't do anything for me. And the 25th Anniversary Issue was a big letdown, too.

I expected better, Vogue. Good thing there are lots of good online places to find patterns and inspiration!
knovice is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-12-2007, 07:51 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
I let my Vogue lapse. I love Interweave Knits, though.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:56 PM   #3
marciab
Casting On

If i can find yarn for a good enough price, i'm going to do the aran dress #36 but i do agree - sort of a letdown.
marciab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #4
Plantgoddess+
Working the Gusset

I have pattern books going back(OMG) 40 years. I started buying them in the early 70's from Woolworths when I was a teenager. I probably have over a hundred patterns I would like to do. I finally had to quit buying pattern books, then found a book on how to design your own sweaters and knit in the round. I love it and have made 2 sweaters so far.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:50 PM   #5
brittyknits
Turning the Heel

What's driving me absolutely bonkers is that their website is down! Apparently this is NOT due to "technical difficulties", but rather that there is some legal issue over their domain name/URL address stuff. I had ordered something from the site, it was wrong, and now I can't do anything about it until I have access to it again. AND there is no phone number available accept for their advertizing dept. and the person who answered the phone said she is innundated with calls because it's the only number anyone can find. Sorry for the rant
brittyknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:48 PM   #6
moreyarnplease
Casting On

I am glad I wasnt the only one who was dissapointed. Interweave knits made up with their selection

Off the needles:
baby socks...2 pairs
Hunting socks
3 pairs of slipper socks for the kiddos
hand painted baby pants\

Coming soon: sweaters for all boys... but its a secret, shhh

ENN
moreyarnplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:13 AM   #7
zkimom
Working the Gusset

I have considered letting my Vogue subscription lapse. I have rarely found patterns I would consider knitting except for the Very Easy Very Vogue ones. For the most part while I may like a pattern very much, I keep thinking "Do I really have that kind of time to invest in such a fussy pattern?"

Then there are those models! Where on earth do they come up with women who look like that? I think most of them are pretty frightening.

But then there are great articles, especially Meg Swanson's column and I don't want to give that up just yet.

So while I may not be wowed by the patterns, I may not be ready to unsubscribe just yet.

I agree with the rest, IK rocks!

Check out my photoblog: Photobella

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
--Elwood P. Dodd
zkimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:30 AM   #8
emsya
Casting On

what happened to their website?
i want to subscribe to vk magazine (i am in turkey) but their site is down since ....how many weeks?!
emsya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:36 PM   #9
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,806 Times in 7,165 Posts
I found this that might help.
http://www.knittinginternationalmag.com/

Here's all the patterns from the covers!
http://www.knittinginternationalmag....r-patterns.php

I can't speak for their patterns though..I get Interweave Knits.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #10
giedre11
Ribbing the Cuff

Well, I guess I'm in the minority! I thought their patterns were great! I love, love, love that little silver sweater with the empire type waist and am planning on making that. I also love that charcoal shawl with the opening for the hands.
I guess for some of you seasoned knitters maybe these patterns just don't measure up? I know that at this point in time I am 100% knit crazy, and absolutely loving it!
Maybe you could write in to Vogue and ask them for the types of patterns you'ld be interested in? I can empathize with you though, as there have been some knit mags I've picked up and even in my state of knitecstasy, I couldn't find anything I liked!
giedre11 is offline   Reply With Quote