Old 10-16-2007, 05:13 PM   #1
cheley
Working the Gusset

Joining a new color in the beg
Hi everyone....this is kind of a "dumb" question (since I just patted myself on the back for having the answer to a "How to" question a few days back) but I am using black and white yarn.doing st pattern a few rows of white,few rows of black. why does the "join'' sometimes show on the side your working on? In other words I always make sure to join (a new yarn) on the right side, but some rows I can see the join..Do you have to pick-up a new color under/over old color? Like fairisle or intarsia??? and can you fix that kind of boo boo when you're all finished Thanks Cheley

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #2
isabeau
1st Leg of the Journey

It partly depends on what stitch you're using, but it can be common to have some overlap just because of the way the knitting goes -- the loops from the lower section (color A) and the loops from the upper section (color B) interlock together, and so a bit of the A loops will be above a bit of the B loops.

I don't think picking the yarn up in a different way will help, because the problem isn't where you're starting the new yarn, it's just along the one row.

(And if it's on the wrong side of the work, you don't even need to worry about it )
isabeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
cheley
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by isabeau View Post
It partly depends on what stitch you're using, but it can be common to have some overlap just because of the way the knitting goes -- the loops from the lower section (color A) and the loops from the upper section (color B) interlock together, and so a bit of the A loops will be above a bit of the B loops.

I don't think picking the yarn up in a different way will help, because the problem isn't where you're starting the new yarn, it's just along the one row.

(And if it's on the wrong side of the work, you don't even need to worry about it )
Thanks for the reply...it's just soooo obvious cause it's black and white and not consistently on/in every time I join a new color makes my "effort" look rather unprofessional, cause I am doing a nice 4 st (beg and end) garter border...What can I do to fix after I'm done...I thought about crocheting around the border/end but that might conflict with the garter st...

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote