Old 10-20-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
iwouldratherbeknitting
Turning the Heel

What's the oldest unfinished knitting project that you have?
Come OK fess up.

Mine: A sweater coat that is almost finished- but, I've moved several times w/ it.. to different countries no less and now one of the knitting needles is lost (It was knit on huge hunking metal needles) and the pattern is now lost too. I think I only need to knit the sleeves, sew it together, add the collar, and buttons?

I used some nice tweedy wool, that I bought in Italy, in shades of dark blue and carried a navy mohair and knitted both together.

AND.. the age of it? Oh my.. at least since 1998.

I'll see if I can find a photo to add later.
Updated almost daily.. honest!
I'm moving to Germany this summer! My name on Ravelry is: iwouldratherknit

Last edited by iwouldratherbeknitting : 10-20-2007 at 08:52 AM. Reason: to add a photo
iwouldratherbeknitting is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #2
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

Oh wow, 1998!!!! That's amazing!

I've only been knitting since 2004 (I think) so my UFO's aren't nearly as old as yours are, and I tend to go on a ripping binge every now and then where I take things apart that are unfinished, that I KNOW will remain unfinished. So at the moment I only have the cabled cardigan that I'm currently working on and am just about finished, then I will go back to a feather and fan throw that hasn't been worked on since spring. So that makes my oldest UFO only about 6 months old.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	feather and fan afghan 002.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	44576  
Old 10-20-2007, 11:25 AM   #3
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Ok now I don't feel so bad ...

I've only had the Fabulous Lace Inset on the needles for almost a year....Only the back has been worked on... one day I'll get back to making it for me...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:41 AM   #4
cheley
Working the Gusset

One shoebox with 24 crochet granny squares....One baby kimono (the baby is now 3 years old...) Who can beat this???

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #5
Eekee
1st Leg of the Journey

I've only been knitting since January. I have a baby blanket that I started in May. It's half done.
Eekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:48 AM   #6
feministmama
Instepping Out

I have a cardigan I started in 1998 that I messed up and need to fix and I need to get more yarn too. I sometimes hear it crying from the back of my closet.
-That's OK, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway....
-I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Reading: Barbara Kingsolver
Knitting: socks

I'm Femmy on Ravelry
feministmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:18 PM   #7
fargo_knitting
Ribbing the Cuff

I have a top down pullover sweater that I have been working on for over a year now. It is made out of Cherry Tree Hill Oceania. I bought the yarn because it was a huge (over 1000 yards) hank that is hand painted and has a sparkley little thread spun with it. I started making a Clapotis with it, but soon frogged because the drop stitches didn't drop very easily.

I had to bring it to my knitting group to get some motivation to continue it. I have had it for so long that I lost my objectivity and started to hate it and not sure if it was pretty anymore. They convinced me to continue on with it. So after my holiday knitting is complete...I will try to finish the dang thing.
fargo_knitting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:21 PM   #8
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Considering that I didn't knit at all for about 10-12 years, I found a couple WIPs that had been on needles for about 20 years when I started up again and got back to my stash (it was in another state). Of course I don't quite remember what I was doing with those projects, so I'll use the yarn for baby stuff once the kids start making them.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:36 PM   #9
giedre11
Ribbing the Cuff

I've been knitting since I was about 10. Stopped, started etc. I know I have stuff on the needles from about the 70's! Whenever I start a project I put the pattern, the yarn, and all the unused yarn in one of those plastic bags that has a pull string at the top. I know I could go back to those, but they are all in another state too, sitting in storage. Problem is, I'm now knitting continental...had to make a permanent switch since I found my tension is much more even, but I know I could revert back just for those projects. Gosh I'm getting old!!
giedre11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:55 PM   #10
Amerielle
Casting On

I learned to knit when my daughter was a baby and then just sort of quit until about a year ago. I still have that baby blanket I started for her...16 years ago! I have a feeling I'll never finish it! (I think she might have outgrown it)

OTN:
The Everlasting Bagstopper
Blanket for my daughter
always a dishcloth of some sort

I am Amerielle on Ravelry too!

My blog (not always about knitting) http://somanyhobbies.blogspot.com/
Amerielle is offline   Reply With Quote