Old 10-23-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
chie96
1st Leg of the Journey

Suggestions wanted: magazines and books
Good morning! I am a new knitter and am quickly becoming addicted! I have already made two scarves and am making a third now. I am also in a knitting class and we are knitting / felting an Indian pottery bag. Sooooo much fun! I have all sorts of projects and ideas that I want to try!

I would like to know what magazine(s) and books you all really recommend. Christmas is coming and I'd love to be able to tell my family some things I'd like to have!!!

chie96 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-23-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
cranberry
Ribbing the Cuff

Interweave Knits is by far the best magazine. Vogue is also popular but it's really not my style. You can go on both of their websites and check out patterns from the latest issues for free.

For books you'll get a variety of opinions. It's a good idea to go to Knitpicks.com and you can search by the best sellers, and preview a lot of patterns for free.

My favorites are One Skein, Last Minute Knitted Gifts, Weekend Knitting, Stitch and Bitch is great for a beginner. I like the quick projects because they are easy and fast and I don't get bored, or worry that I've spent a ton on yarn and I don't know what I'm doing.

A lot of the popular books have Knit A Longs. You can look here, or do a Google search, or try Crafster: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=109.0

I would highly reccomend you go to a bookstore and just page through them on afternoon and see which ones you like. It's worth it!
Old 10-23-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
Quiltlady
Working the Gusset

I like
I like "Creative Knitting" magazine for beginners.
Quiltlady is offline   Reply With Quote