Old 10-26-2007, 12:46 AM   #1
MsMunks
Casting On

Help, what to do with the last stitch
Hello everyone,

Im a beginner at knitting. I am pretty proud of myself, my first project which i found through this site, the Easy Baby Bib, has come out BRILLIANT. but there is one problem... i dont know how to finish it.

I did indeed go to the bind off videos, and MOST of the stitches are binded, but... that one last stitch!

How do i tie off the end so that it wont come undone while in use/washing/etc!!

I really want to make sure this Bib doesn't come apart! Its for my neice thats on her way(only 10 more weeks) and i want this bib to be perfect!

Thank you in advance for helping me out! i really love this site, its AMAZING!
MsMunks is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-26-2007, 12:57 AM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Cut the yarn about 3" from the stitch, pull the end out and weave it into adjacent stitches; you don't need to knot it, it won't come out. I thought there was a video in here somewhere about how to weave in ends, but I can't find one.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:59 AM   #3
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

did you look at this one? it's been a while since i watched it, but i'm pretty sure amy shows you exactly what to do with that last stitch. i actually need to watch it again. it's different from what i've been doing and looks a lot nicer.

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Lady Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:38 AM   #4
brittyknits
Turning the Heel

When I'm done, I cut the yarn, leaving a few inches beyond that last stitch. Then I put the yarn through that last loop you've been left with, so as to knot it, and pull tight. Then take a crochet hook or thread those few inches into the largest needle (sewing type-- not knitting needle!) and weave that tail through a couple of stitches on the back of the work. I make another knot or 2 there as well, then weave it through a few more stitches and then cut it off. This takes about an inch or 2 from the last bind off stitch to where you finally cut off the yarn. I know people who don't knot at all, but I get nervous that it will come out, particularly with an item such as a bib which will get washed many, many times.
brittyknits is offline   Reply With Quote