Old 11-03-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
Please HELP on DBL Knit Hotpad pattern!!
Okay, after reading that someone else was going to tackle this pattern, I thought I'd give it a try. I'm SO lost. I watched the video and it seems pretty straight forward - except she's on the last row and I'm an inexperienced knitter. I'm very confused by the chart. I've never read a chart before. I finished up the part of the pattern that is written out for Row 1 and Row 2. Do I begin on row 3 of the chart or the 1st row of the chart now? Also, how do I read this chart? Do I start at the bottomr right and move left? Do I always start at the right and move left (I read this on a knitting site - not this one) or do I work right to left, turn work, and then move left to right?

ARGH! I love this site and I am so grateful for the terrific videos, but obviously I'm a little dense yet. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-03-2007, 08:31 PM   #2
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
Oh - FYI: The first two rows I knitted (the written out instruction rows) look like a massive peppering of red and white. Is this normal or have I really botched this up? Thanks!

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #3
isabeau
1st Leg of the Journey

The first questions fot answered on the other post (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=69088), though you can always follow up if you're unclear on something

In terms of the first two rows, that's pretty normal for where it's close to the needle and close to the beginning. The stitches on the needle are alternating R and W; in the final project they will show up as two separate sides of the fabric, with the stitches in parallel rather than in sequence. (Just make sure that you're alternating knit/purl, and alternating the colors, and it should work out.)

I knit, therefore I am.

Current projects: a hat, one pair of socks, a pair of fingerless gloves, and zero sanity. Future projects: more socks, more gloves (some with fingers, even!), a tea cozy, a penguin scarf, and even less sanity.
isabeau is offline   Reply With Quote