Old 10-27-2007, 02:19 PM   #1
bip
Turning the Heel

What a waste of a Doctor's Appt!
Ever since I started knitting, visits to the doctor's office have been one of my favorite things. Let's face it, waiting is almost GUARANTEED, which means TIME FOR KNITTING, Yay!

Unfortunately, I'm pretty healthy, so they don't happen often and then yesterday I went and totally wasted one! I have 3-4 projects on the needles at the moment (thanks to Raverly-inspired ADD), but I am having issues with every single one. So I decided to take an argyle sweater I am working on, thinking it was the least problem-riddled project. WRONG! No sooner did I sit down, but I found a few holes in my intarsia (what the heck was I doing when I started this thing?!). Before frogging back, I thought to check my gauge and it was more than 1 stitch off! So instead of fun knitting, I spent time frogging, untangling and rewinding balls :(

Rats!

(PS I don't really mean the part about "unfortunately" being healthy. My husband has a kidney transplant and sometimes has real health problems, so I don't really take my health for granted!)
bip is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
I thought you were going to say that they called you in too quickly--I hate when that happens.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #3
Lisa R.
Turning the Heel

Knitting does change your outlook, doesn't it? I went to the dentist awhile back, and no sooner had I sat down a pulled out my project than they called me right back! In the days before knitting, I would have been thrilled, but I have to say I was a bit disappointed to get in so soon!
Lisa R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #4
jennylozano
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to jennylozano
Originally Posted by Ingrid View Post
I thought you were going to say that they called you in too quickly
So did I!

FO: country jacket (Lion Brand pattern)
OTN: basic vest (Patons booklet pattern) with Vanna's choice yarn
FO: Raleigh Hills Cabled Hat
WIP: 2nd sock syndrome: I will NEVER again knit one sock first and then the other... from now on I'll only be using the 2 circulars to knit both at the same time
Tonsilectomy: 28 Dec. 2007
jennylozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #5
holamiis
1st Leg of the Journey

It wasn't terribly wasted time....all that frogging and fixing would have needed to be done regardless right? I like to do all my annoying work in a boring place that I'm stuck at....cause that way it'll actually get done, instead of being tossed aside for something more fun.

Sometimes the crappy stuff has to get worked on too!!!
holamiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:13 PM   #6
MrsDavis3
Knitting the Flap

I once had to wait 2 hours to see a doctor and the sad part was that it was so much longer than I expected I RAN OUT OF YARN!
Boy was I miffed.

"One can never have enough socks."
A. Dumbledore, Book One, Chapter 12
MrsDavis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:27 PM   #7
gingerbread
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to gingerbread Send a message via Skype™ to gingerbread
I always take my socks with me to the doctors. I then I always make mistakes on them. I am a good sock knitter and it makes me so mad to have to rip it. Oh well maybe I will get better at KIP if I keep taking them

Teri

I am memere on Ravelry
gingerbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:45 PM   #8
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
I made a long trip on a street car and a subway today to get to the store that sells... you guessed it, YARN, KNITTING SUPPLIES, PATTERNS. I was getting the things for my swappee's package. I had a lot of free time on my hands so I pulled out the knitting and was going great guns, when I happened to look up. A young man was sitting across from me, enthralled. He just kept watching my fingers. Have you ever tried to knit (even the easiest pattern) with someone watching every move you make?

Needless to say I did not get a whole lot done on the scarf I was working on.

However, I did get some wonderful things at the new Mary Maxim store in Toronto, Ontario.

I even got myself a new tote bag for carrying around medium sized projects. I was so pleased with this new knitting bag that I just HAD to try it out. So, on the way back in the subway, and the street car, I knit more of the scarf using the new Red Hat knitting bag (the other one that is only good for baby knitting got stored in the Mary Maxim bag with my other purchases). Once again on this trip I had a "watcher". Do people in large cities think only 80 year old grannies knit? Guess I showed them eh?

On the bright side, I got some things that I truly hope my swappee is going to love. Only time will tell! I'm not finished with the package yet though. I think it needs a seasonal upgrade now. I am mean, I intend to wrap each and every item separately! This way she will have a lot of different little things to open. Perhaps I'll even make a stocking to put them in. And the fun just keeping on happening....

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:20 PM   #9
Jen17
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Ingrid View Post
I thought you were going to say that they called you in too quickly--I hate when that happens.
LOL! I swear by this...if you need to get into the doctor/dentist quick, just pull out your knitting...the nurse will call your name immediately!!
Jen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:17 PM   #10
Knitting_Guy
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,130 Times in 832 Posts
Knitting time is never wasted unless you don't knit.

What do you mean guys don't knit?

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.

Perfection is overrated. Knitting is meant to relieve stress, not cause it. Relax and enjoy it.

My boring blog http://masonm.joeuser.com

My knitting blog
http://knittingguy.blogspot.com/

My New Home Page (work in progress)
http://www.gpstrucker.000hosted.com

Knitting_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote