Old 10-28-2007, 02:27 AM   #1
lotusinthemud
Casting On

Circs to DPNs
Hi everyone. This is my first time posting here. I literally registered five minutes ago because I am working on my first knitting in the round project: a hat.

The first steps were to cast on 88 stitches and knit for 5". Done. Now it's stuck on my circs and I'm VERY hesitant to pass them on to the DPN. Mostly because I'm using aluminum dpns and I knit fairly losely and I have 88 stitches to divide among three needles. My question is this: Do I have to change to dpn just yet? It seems like I could start decreasing while still on the circs and it won't be too short to fit.

I just realized soemthing else! The work on my circs is facing me, rather than going downwards away from me... is this bad?
lotusinthemud is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-28-2007, 02:42 AM   #2
redwitch
Working the Gusset

No problem. You can continue on the circ until the stitches are starting to get uncomfortably stretched around the needle (and then you could switch to using 2 circs or Magic Loop if you preferred instead of DPNs). I say do the DPNs now though so you have gotten used to them before you start decreasing.
Just push your knitting through the middle of the hat (the middle of the circular needles) to get right side out.

Good luck!
redwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:46 AM   #3
lotusinthemud
Casting On

Thank you! I will try the dpn now, it's not like it was hard to get to where I am at so far. I'm a bit confused though, it's a rolled brim hat and it looks right, it's not inside out...??? (The bumps are on the inside)
lotusinthemud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #4
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
This picture - http://www.knitpicks.com/content/wp-.../circular4.jpg is what your work should look like. Keep your tips toward you and that will have you working correctly.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote