Old 10-31-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
jdee
Working the Gusset

Advice Sweater Pattern
Has anyone made this sweater?
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/...%20Sweater.pdf
If so, how did you like it? I like that it shows how to do shaping for the bust area, because I need that. The advice I need is concerning yarn choice. I have some plymouth encore worsted in a beautiful color of purple, but the pattern calls for a much smaller gauge than that. I know there's a way to change yarn and needle sizes and still make this pattern, but I don't know how to do it. I'm horrible at math.

Visit my blog at www.jdeeannsblog@blogspot.com
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew as steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
jdee is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-31-2007, 10:16 PM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
You will have to do some math, but it might not be that hard. You can likely do one of the smaller sizes with worsted and the needles of your choice. First, figure out how many sts/inch you get with them. Then how many inches around you need (36, 40...) and multiply your sts/inch by that. The number you come up with will be how many sts in the front and back combined at the largest part. Look to see which size has a CO closest to half the total sts needes and follow the directions for that size. Most of the instructions for length are in inches, you'll need to adjust that for your true size rather than the smaller size. On the waist shaping, their 5 rows is about 3/4" so do as many rows as you need that equal that measure. Same for the sleeves and the bust shaping, you'll have to translate their rows into inches, then inches into your row gauge. It really isn't too awful to modify it.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
jdee (10-31-2007)