Old 11-01-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
ecb
Working the Gusset

Send a message via ICQ to ecb Send a message via AIM to ecb Send a message via MSN to ecb Send a message via Yahoo to ecb
can someone find humor in this?
My Daughters best friend she always goes trick or treating with, her father did not have room in the Truck for Tiggr to go with them, so i took her out. we went to a community harvest celebration/chili cookoff, and ended up being a guest to a 30 minute sermon. We eventually left to go ToTing, and had a nice time, until the second time we went to my Brothers house to just HANG till me 12yo was done with her 'gang'
I stepped off the porch onto the lawn, and my ankle gave out, POPPED as it gave way (like when Imy ACL went, and like when my Rib popped the weekend before last). I was face down on the leaves and grass, sobbing, and telling my daughter NOT to bother my SiL or Brother because they had company.
Eventually i hobbled to the car on my bad Left ankle, drove (my Sticj shift car) to the parking lot my daughter was meeting me at, still sobbing. 20 min later my daughter arrives, and complains that she cannot go get her school bag. When she got in the car I appologized (yeah, I M a wierdo, eh?) that she would not get home in time to get hr chores done becasue we had to get to the ER, because I thought my ankle or foot was broken.
then i drove 35 min to the hospital near my home, not 10 min to the hospital near where i was hurt.
THANK GOODNESS the ER Doc recognised I was a medical professional, he did basic care, got a BUNCH of good x-ray views, and since nothing was broken sent me home to rest up since I was not likely to be called into work, and I was to go rent some crutches ($10 to rent, $150 to buy)
I get home and there is a voicemail, the School NEEDS me to Sub the next day. I called back expecting her to have found someone (it was after 10pm after all) but they still need me to go sub at the other school, and they are willing to give consideration because I am injured. So I say Yes i will do it.
I forgot to set up a puppy sitter, so I took her to school and walked her at each break I got
my FIRST ever sub job, told it was a great classroom, but still had limit issues, and a few kids had to potty 5 times in the day. I think I did ok, but I learned a lot about how to do better next time.
my Ankle is killing me, I have ice on it, and have to re-wrap it and put aircast back on, before puppy class, and pizza tonight.
I need to find out what is going on with my ligaments and tendons, I am falling apart.
oh an I had to give up on my volunteer job to get the Paying Sub job. The Guilt, it is a theme with me, hate putting people out in any way.
any of this less tragic than it feels?
ecb
Good judgement comes from experience
but Experience comes from Bad Judgment
ecb
ecb is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-01-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
ecb
Working the Gusset

Send a message via ICQ to ecb Send a message via AIM to ecb Send a message via MSN to ecb Send a message via Yahoo to ecb
Man I sound like a winey jerk
Sorry
ecb
Old 11-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #3
marykz
Working the Gusset

no you don't!!!!! hugs for you- sounds like a really tough couple days.

and something I'm slowly learning myself- we don't need to apologize for things that aren't our fault. and its ok to stand up for what you need. not easy, uncomfortable, and takes lots of trial-and-error.... but you will feel better about yourself and the things around you.

and Good for you for doing the teaching job- even on crutches!!! wow! I'm glad it went pretty well and that you have ideas on what to do next time. that's great!

(and paying the rent has got to take precedent over the volunteer job- I'm sure when you have the time and the ankle back, you will continue to do good works in some form.)

now REST and take the medications!!! and try to stay off that foot.......

marykz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:16 PM   #4
Arielluria
Instepping Out

Man! Tough day/week! I hope you are feeling better, after all you've been through, you do not sound whiney at all! I think you deserve a gold star for driving yourself to the ER and making it to the job and EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A whiney jerk would be someone who wouldn't push themselves. I really admire people who push themselves.

Feel better soon!
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:19 PM   #5
stirsmommy
Turning the Heel

Sounds like a rough evening. Order out for supper and rest this evening.
OTN: Wonderful Wallaby for dd(on hold)
Pigeldy done but needs to be seamed and felted
scarf
Thorne market bag
Clogs (to replace shawls)
Christmas Stocking
In line to be cast on:Clogs (2 more pair)
scarf for ds
cat scarf for ds#2
2 booga bags
stirsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:07 PM   #6
ecb
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by marykz View Post
no you don't!!!!! hugs for you- sounds like a really tough couple days.
and Good for you for doing the teaching job- even on crutches!!! now REST and take the medications!!! and try to stay off that foot.......
I never did get the crutches, I just did MINIMAL walking today
even though I had puppy class, and (turns out) a school obligation at 6pm (short presentation took 95 min)
Originally Posted by Arielluria View Post
A whiney jerk would be someone who wouldn't push themselves. I really admire people who push themselves.
I think I push myself to much
Originally Posted by stirsmommy View Post
Sounds like a rough evening. Order out for supper and rest this evening.
we just got back from Pizza, i had to pay for the pizza from last week as I walked out without paying last time. It was WAY YUMMY pizza (eggplant, spinach, mushrooms and fresh tomatos instead of sauce, covered with extra cheese)

my foot aches as long as I M not walking on it, it really REALLY hurts as soon as I try to walk. I plan to get a cane or crutches tomorrow or saturday (yeah, saturday sounds really good, except for the basket ball game I have to go see tomorrow)

ecb
ecb
Old 11-02-2007, 09:14 AM   #7
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I hope you feel better soon and take it easy

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:19 AM   #8
ritaw
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,296 Posts
I am so sorry that you have had such a horrible time. But you must not apologize for everything .
You just need to rest and get that ankle back to normal and then you can concentrate on your work and maybe fit in a bit of volunteering .

Take care
Old 11-02-2007, 09:50 AM   #9
ecb
Working the Gusset

thanks all
Thank you all,
I am feeling a bit better, it does not ache when I keep it still, unwrapped, and not waked on
I plan to take it easy until lunchtime, then get up (and take it easy) and do the bare minimum of what I need to get done today
just one load of laundry, 2 errands, then watch a basketball game

well, at least I can get a bit of knitting caught up

ecb
ecb
Old 11-02-2007, 10:30 AM   #10
Songbirdy
Knitting the Flap

No humour found, but take care of yourself...
Songbirdy is offline   Reply With Quote