Old 11-19-2007, 02:14 AM   #61
cookworm
Working the Gusset

Hi Scout! Not trying to hijack this post, but just to answer Scout's question. Yes, I'm a twin--identical. Three minutes apart; I'm the younger twin. Being the "younger" twin now that we're adults has better bragging rights than being the "older" twin! (hee hee hee) My sister was always the complacent, "non-dominant" twin that went along with everything; in fact, she was always too nice, and got walked on a lot through life. We're kind of on an even keel personality-wise these days so I guess maybe I'm no longer "the mean twin"?

What about you? Are you identical?

I'm on flickr, too!
I love to knit shawls...after all, a girl can't have too many shawls!
cookworm is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #62
knitncook
Working the Gusset

I realize for some people it is a cultural thing. All the baby girls I ever saw when we lived in Spain had their ears peirced when they were very young.

Personally, I don't understand it. It's not my body so I have no rights to do anything permanent to their bodies. But to each their own. Parents need to make decisions that they think are best for their children.

knitncook there, too!

OTN: Laughing Carrots; Jaywaler
FO: Potamus socks; Palindrome
knitncook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:21 PM   #63
scout52
Working the Gusset

Hi Cookworm

Yep I'm identical. we are only 1 minute apart due to a c-section. I'm the older one. I was the more aggressive twin, always more out-spoken. Though she would speak up if the situation arose (like if she saw me ever be threatened or my lil brother or sis.) I even got suspended from pres-school for punching a boy and splitting his lip because he hurt my twin. LOL. who gets suspended from pre-school? but hey I had to protect her. so i got label the mean twin very early on.

My parents always put the "older" twin responsibility on me. which was kinda dumb because I was only older bc I was on top during the c-section. If we were born naturally who knows who would have been older.
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote