Old 04-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #21
stisdale
1st Leg of the Journey

I'm reviving this thread! :P I'm in Sacramento, and I would love to meet up with fellow knitters around the area some time!
stisdale is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-17-2009, 05:15 PM   #22
yarnmousie
Casting On

Well, I don't live in Northern California anymore, but I did grow up in Yreka. How's that for the real Northern California? It's a little town close to the Oregon border. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. :-)
yarnmousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #23
sueko
Casting On

I DO live in Northern California, in Oroville specifically. I find I usually have to travel out of town to do anything vaguely interesting, so if you're meeting in Red Bluff or Chico, Yuba City or whatever I'm up for it. We had a LYS here for a short while, but like most businesses in this town, they gave up about a year ago.

I love sock yarn. So much so that last year, after I broke my wrist and then had a crush injury to the other hand a few weeks later, and was on disability for a year, and couldn't knit, I must have bought enough yarn for 50 projects. It was like I couldn't wait to get back to it. Now I am healed and I am overwhelmed by all the stash I have acquired! I especially like colors (Mmmmm Noro!) and can't resist multicolored skeins. I can't remember the last time I used a solid color.

OTN : A hat with scarf knitted in, for my sister who says it's cold in Boston (SHE chose to leave California!!) and a pair of socks that I'm stuck on with a beautiful reddish colorway from Blue Moon. Also a tea cozy that I work on when I need something really simple to do.

What's everyone else up to?

sueko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #24
EmeraldSpider
Ribbing the Cuff

"VERY HOT (100-118) in the summer."

Pssh, I live in the mid AZ area. 120 now that is hot.... Ha ha just kidding (but it does really get that hot, I think it was 103 today) Welcome, I am a relatively new knitter and it is wonderful to meet someone who has knitted for so long and don't fret to much over the abrevations, I am not always certain either but evetually you learn what they mean.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #25
shandylouhoo
Casting On

Hey there, I'm from Petaluma also, small world! We have beautiful local yarn shops like The Knitterly or Cast On in Santa Rosa, but I can't see spending that much money on a project unless it's for a specific request such as my roommates asking for organic cotton beanies and whatnot. If you want some beautiful yarns at decent prices, I suggest
knitting-warehouse.com
as a good place to start. There's also Alchemy yarns from Sebastopol, CA. They make their own yarns, all hand painted.
shandylouhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:00 PM   #26
craff1
Ribbing the Cuff

sorantes123, I am in Antelope, CA too. Do you ever go knit at Got Your Goat yarn Studio? They have a nice couch area where anyone's welcome to plunk down and chat/knit. Would be nice to meet some IRL knitters from the area.

Cheryl
craff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:01 PM   #27
craff1
Ribbing the Cuff

Stisdale, what part of Sac are you in? I'm in Antelope, like I mentioned above
craff1 is offline   Reply With Quote