Old 11-06-2007, 07:24 PM   #11
Yarnlady
Turning the Heel

The Felted Mary Janes are really easy. Basically it's a sock with no leg and then once it's felted you cut out the toe part and top of foot to make a faux strap!

I had to frog the ones I started (wrong needle size) and got about 35% of one done today. Pics will be on my blog in the morning.

Yarnlady is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #12
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

I think I can join this even though I only currently have one Christmas knitting project planned - my brother's Pirate's hat. I'm doing a headband for a friend but haven't decided if that's for Christmas or what.
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
jess_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #13
MaleKnitter
1st Leg of the Journey

UGH!
I have a big christmas list too and it's nice to know that i am not the only one overwhelmed with knitting.
My list is as follows:
7 felted bags for my sisters(3 are done)

2 cabled baby cardigans w/zippers (1 is finished, other is OTN)

glove, scarf, and hat set

lionbrand homespun cardigan for stepmother (currently OTN, I altered pattern to make it into a long duster)

Bernat Softee Chunky Weekend Raglan for my father (I have been working on that while i read the threads and waited for pages to load, it's in my lap right now)

Interweave Knits Dickensen Pullover for my mother (my mom wants a big cabled sweater and I have been wanting to work on it soooooo bad but I have told myself I need to finish both of the sweaters OTN first)

I have been working since August, and I have made a lot of stuff so far but i have such a long way to go. If I finish a sweater every two weeks with the bags and baby sweater as side projects (when I need a break) then MAYBE, I can do it. The sweaters are all bulky knits so it shouldnt be THAT hard....
but I have learned my lesson, and next year my christmas knitting will begin in JANUARY.
MaleKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:46 PM   #14
stirsmommy
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by MaleKnitter View Post
UGH!
I have a big christmas list too and it's nice to know that i am not the only one overwhelmed with knitting.
My list is as follows:
7 felted bags for my sisters(3 are done)

2 cabled baby cardigans w/zippers (1 is finished, other is OTN)

glove, scarf, and hat set

lionbrand homespun cardigan for stepmother (currently OTN, I altered pattern to make it into a long duster)

Bernat Softee Chunky Weekend Raglan for my father (I have been working on that while i read the threads and waited for pages to load, it's in my lap right now)

Interweave Knits Dickensen Pullover for my mother (my mom wants a big cabled sweater and I have been wanting to work on it soooooo bad but I have told myself I need to finish both of the sweaters OTN first)

I have been working since August, and I have made a lot of stuff so far but i have such a long way to go. If I finish a sweater every two weeks with the bags and baby sweater as side projects (when I need a break) then MAYBE, I can do it. The sweaters are all bulky knits so it shouldnt be THAT hard....
but I have learned my lesson, and next year my christmas knitting will begin in JANUARY.
You sound like me. Didn't you make the damask bag for one of your sisters? What did you use for the handle? I am still trying to decide for the I made for my sil.
OTN: Wonderful Wallaby for dd(on hold)
Pigeldy done but needs to be seamed and felted
scarf
Thorne market bag
Clogs (to replace shawls)
Christmas Stocking
In line to be cast on:Clogs (2 more pair)
scarf for ds
cat scarf for ds#2
2 booga bags
stirsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #15
Sunny_Singer
Knitting the Flap

I get bored working with one color and upon realizing it, I have started a number of projects at once. When I get bored with one color or color combination, I flip project which means I am changing needle size as well.

Right now, I am working on finishing a 10 foot long scarf, a stole, Christmas star ornaments, hot pads/trivets, coasters, a baby blanket and poncho.

I am one of the unlucky ones: I cannot view videos

OTN:

blanket for a man, scarf, poncho, 1 rug, baby blanket, finger puppet

2008 FO:

finger puppets: cat (2), dog, pig, frog, butterfly, bunny
Sunny_Singer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:38 AM   #16
drummerboi202
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to drummerboi202
Wow! You all have absolutey huge lists! I managed to finish another stripe on my Gram's scarf today, as well as knit the test swatch for the mug cozy. And I love those felted Mary Janes. If I could work comfortably with wool, I would add those to my christmas list for my stepmom, but unfortunately, my stupid wool allergy has prevented me from doing so. I never thought being allergic to wool would be a big deal, until I started knitting. I've been thinking of getting a ball of alpaca just to see if Llama wool bothers me as much as Sheep wool does. But of course it would have to be a rather small ball because if it does bother me, then all that wonderful alpaca yarn would go to waste.
-a swimsuit coverup for my stepmoms bday

In the future (I hope):
-a Deathly Hallows wristband
-a Weasley sweater
-a Gryffindor scarf

drummerboi202 on Ravelry

drummerboi202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:12 AM   #17
Firey Vixxen
1st Leg of the Journey

48 Days...
I have to join this KAL. I'm making my BFF's Teddy bears (3 total), my floormate a scarf (which I finished today )and a shawl, my DLB (Darling little brother) a blanket, and then a family friend has a baby due in early Jan so I've got a cardi and teddy for them as well (What is it with having babies in Jan? don't people know we have Xmas knitting )
Anyway patterns for the printer and Knitting in Public is in my future-help me stay motivated.
Firey Vixxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #18
drummerboi202
1st Leg of the Journey

Great! Welcome! Is it really only 48 days? I keep telling myself that I have all of November and most of December to finish up my Gram's gifts but now it doesnt seem like so long. Actually, Im feeling a little panicky right now. And I just had to tell my Grandpa that I was knitting something for him aswell. Now I have a mug cozy to add to the list! When am I ever going to find the time to finish the scarf, start and finish the earwarmer and the gift bag and then knit a mug cozy as well! Thats it, next year, Im just buying eveybody their own knitting needles and they can knit their own stuff.

In the future (I hope):
-a Weasley sweater
-a Gryffindor scarf

drummerboi202 on Ravelry

Old 11-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #19
KatieBeee
Ribbing the Cuff

Knitting for X-mas too!
Hello All: I think it is a great idea to do a christmas knit-along. That way when it gets close we can panic togther as we stay up waaaay past bed time trying to finish what is OTN. For Christmas I just finished a stocking for my dad with a nice duplicate stitch pattern of a reindeer on it, from a martha steweart holiday issue. (however, I am not sure if it actually looks like a reindeer, but it took me so long to stitch in all that my spindly legged deer shaped thing will have to do!) I am also knitting a hat with earflaps (from last years holiday issue of Knit Simple) for my mom and I am knitting a scarf for me.
What is a Deathly Hallows wristband? Is there a pattern or are you making one yourself? My mama would probably like one for Christmas.
Crochet scarf from The Happy Hooker
Shetland and Mohair Scarf for me (I'll never finish)
Just Finished:
Anti christmas stocking for roommate
Hat with Earflaps for Mama for Xmas
Christmas Stocking for Pops
Next on Needles:
UMMM....oh the possibilities

http://katiebeeeknits.blogspot.com
KatieBeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #20
drummerboi202
1st Leg of the Journey

Its an actual pattern. Its a wristband with the Deathly Hallows symbol on it. But it uses either stranding or intarsia, so thats why Im waiting to tackle it after the holidays, because I've never done either one before. But I suppose with a few adjustments, duplicate stitch might work. Heres the link: http://community.livejournal.com/hp_...ng/557945.html

In the future (I hope):
-a Weasley sweater
-a Gryffindor scarf

drummerboi202 on Ravelry