Old 12-24-2007, 07:12 PM   #211
drummerboi202
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to drummerboi202
FV, I feel your pain. What about those people who park their baby strollers crossways in the aisle so nobody can get past? I hate that. Me and my Mom were in KB Toys on the 23rd and there were so many kis running and pushing past us and then there was a baby stroller in almost every aisle. I actually got lost. We were looking for something specific, and when we seperated to try and find it, I got trapped in the back half of the aisles and I couldnt get out and then when I did I couldnt find my mom, and I ended up going back to the back half to find her, and its only when Im once again stuck behind little kids jumping around and flinging around toys that I see her in the front half. I was so relieved that I nearly crushed a kid trying to get out of there. It was hell. Never again will I go to a mall 2 days before Christmas, even though I probably will next year.

I cant wait until I gather all my Christmas money together so I can buy that Denise Interchangeable set so I can start on my Weasley sweater.
-a swimsuit coverup for my stepmoms bday

In the future (I hope):
-a Deathly Hallows wristband
-a Weasley sweater
-a Gryffindor scarf

drummerboi202 on Ravelry

drummerboi202 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-26-2007, 02:08 AM   #212
drummerboi202
1st Leg of the Journey

$245! I got $245 dollars total! $100 of it is to a place called Hastings, and another $50 is a Visa gift card, but the rest is cash! I can get the Denise interchangeables, some yarn, and still have tons of money left! And my Gram gave me my first set of DPNS. They're size 7 and I sat down and knitted a bracelet, just to get the feel of things. Im pretty excited. Plus, in addition to the Magic Bullet and keyboard I got at my moms, I got another keyboard, an iPod dock, some really comfy slippers, and guitar hero 3 at my dads. So Im pretty happy.

But I just realized, theres no reason to have this KAL anymore, at least until next year. Unless you guys would rather keep it going? Anyway, I'll miss you guys, and I feel like we all got a little closer. Let us know if you got everything done.

In the future (I hope):
-a Weasley sweater
-a Gryffindor scarf

drummerboi202 on Ravelry

Old 12-27-2007, 12:13 AM   #213
ladyjessica
Knitting the Flap

I did not finish everything, but I finished the things that were most important, so I guess that's all that matters. I posted some pics of them on the 'Whatcha Knittin' page. I was going to take a break, but I can't, so now at least I'm making something for ME for a change. hehe.

I kind of like this KAL. Maybe we can keep it going and motivate each other to get started for next year.

OTN: Log Cabin Afghan, Aran Blanket Baby Afghan, Manos del Uruguay afghan;
Future WIP: A sock. Any sock.

My blog: Mincing Around the Dance Floor
ladyjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 06:08 PM   #214
drummerboi202
1st Leg of the Journey

Well, Im definitely starting it up again next year, but I probably wont until late Ocatober or November, since thats when everybody seems to start. But if you all want to keep it going, then we can.

In the future (I hope):
-a Weasley sweater
-a Gryffindor scarf

drummerboi202 on Ravelry

Old 12-27-2007, 07:37 PM   #215
scout52
Working the Gusset

Yea i didn't finish everything either. i finished most those things but not my grandparents gifts or my timekeepers gift.
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:28 AM   #216
Firey Vixxen
1st Leg of the Journey

Merry Xmas, Happy Hunika, Lovely Litha, Yule-tide Greetings and Seasonal Salutations
Well, Ihaven't even finished yet (Yay, I'm on the last Bear ) so, I'll be around. I recon we should keep going, but our posts will probally get less regular.
I like all you guys too.
And we need to start the thread earlier next Year!
Old 12-28-2007, 03:20 PM   #217
Matdredalia
Ribbing the Cuff

Yikes. I've been missing the past few weeks, I know, but that's 'cuase I was so busy trying to finish, lol. And I still didn't get done! Then, on Christmas, my cousin sees me working on my brothers DS bag, and is like "Oh, could you knit me a hat?"

I was like "Actually, how about I teach you to knit?" So I taught her to cast on and do the knit stitch, gave her a spare skein of yarn, one of my extra sets of size 8 needles, and one of my beginners books and said "Have at thee!" XD

Matdredalia + = Friend Me! (^-^)

RFO: Sea Breeze Headband
OTN: Saucy Swirls Scarf, Shrug From Hell, and More!
Matdredalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:00 AM   #218
MaleKnitter
1st Leg of the Journey

Well, I finished two of the three sweaters and MOST of the third. I gave it to my stepmother with a picture of the pattern and an IOU, I just need to put on the big neckband, but since I altered the pattern, the neckband takes a lot of extra math so I have been avoiding it. One bag is close to finished, but it is all in stockinette, and when it is compared to the richly cabled dickinson pullover, it is REALLY boring so I have dreaded working on that too. I just hope that I can finish it by 2008.

Ooh, this was a good Christmas for knitting. I got the KnitPicks Interchangeable needle set and some KnitPicks Shinesport yarn, which I have decided would be perfect for my stepmothers cabled Jacket that I intend to give her next christmas. I'm going to get some more shinesport in another color.
I also got some knitting books, Scottish Highland Knits, the Elegant Knitter, Men Who Knit and the Dogs Who Love Them, and some magazine subscriptions to Knitting magazine and Vogue Knitting.
I also got an iPod-touch so that i can listen to music while I knit. This was a Really good Christmas, and everyone loved their sweaters even though my stepmother's sweater was not finished.
MaleKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:41 PM   #219
scout52
Working the Gusset

I finished the scarf for shonda at work it blocking right now!! I think it came out good. i can see a few mistakes. hopefully she won't notice. but overall i am really very happy with how it came out. it's only my second lace effort.

and my best friend used the blanket she received for christmas in the baby's first pictures!! His name is Alexander Nicholas. He was born December 20 and weighed 8lbs and 8 ounces. She loved the blanket and booties. here is his first pic with the blanket i made. its the baby layette pattern from vogue knitting.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	alexander nick.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	46043  
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:00 AM   #220
Firey Vixxen
1st Leg of the Journey

And a bump to you too
Scout, I think I speak for all of us when I say "Aww". Your blanket "aww" not the baby, all babies look the same.
And while I was away at the beach, I got over two weeks worth of normal Knitting done, so I've Nearly finished the final blue bear you get the picture.
I don't want to have do one of these bears again for at least six months. I'm even not having to check the pattern too much and it's not that constant. *Shudders* that is scary stuff.
FV
scout52 (01-08-2008)