Old 11-08-2007, 08:59 PM   #31
hob
Knitting the Flap

i have done a few barbie clothes not much but some i was wondering if u lot had any extra nice but not to hard patterns? im thinking of maybe trying to do some of my owne. i stareted my photo frame made a mistake and had to frog aww dam never mind eh? im gonna try to get some more ideas for gifts by spying on you lot lol.
hob is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-09-2007, 12:56 AM   #32
drummerboi202
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to drummerboi202
I dont know how to do Barbie clothes. Sorry, hob.

Scout, I absolutely love those booties. They are just about the cutest booties I've ever seen. I think my niece may be too big for them though. But, I know last time I checked, two of my cousins were pregnant and close to giving birth so I think I may call my Gram and see if either of them had girls.
-a swimsuit coverup for my stepmoms bday

In the future (I hope):
-a Deathly Hallows wristband
-a Weasley sweater
-a Gryffindor scarf

drummerboi202 on Ravelry

drummerboi202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:27 AM   #33
Yarnlady
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by drummerboi202 View Post
I never thought being allergic to wool would be a big deal, until I started knitting.
Many people that are allergic to wool are actually allergic to the chemicals used in the processing of the wool. (Yes, there are some that are actually allergic to wool itself, but the numbers are much lower than those allergic to the chemicals.) Have you tried washing a skein of wool yarn with shampoo, using cream rinse in the rinse, letting dry and knitting with that?

Buy a skein (not ball) of wool. Run hot water in the sink and add just a small amount of shampoo. Let the yarn soak till luke warm. Remove the yarn, gently squeeze. Refil the sink with hot water and add a little bit of cream rinse. Let the yarn soak again till lukewarm. Remove yarn, gently squeeze, wrap in bath towel, and step on it a few times to get the rest of the excess water out. Hang to drip dry.

Then try and knit. If you still have a reaction, then you have an allergy to the wool, if not, it's the chemicals. And although it's a pain to have to wash your wool before using, at least you can and you'll be able to make fulled items.

Yarnlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:07 AM   #34
ladyjessica
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by drummerboi202 View Post
I think we need to have names we can call each other, other than the usernames.

I'm just Jessica.

OTN: Log Cabin Afghan, Aran Blanket Baby Afghan, Manos del Uruguay afghan;
Future WIP: A sock. Any sock.

My blog: Mincing Around the Dance Floor
ladyjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:35 PM   #35
drummerboi202
1st Leg of the Journey

Wow, Yarn Lady, I never even considered that. I just know that when I was a child, I had wool sweaters and such that my relatives would buy me for Christmas, and if I ever wore them I had to wear a thermal underneath, because otherwise I would break out in hives and start itching. Plus, my mom and my sister are allergic also. So I've just tried to stay away from the wool yarn also, and if I feel them, I be quick about it so its not in contact for too long. But I think I may try that and knit with it to see if my fingers break out.

Hello, Jessica.

In the future (I hope):
-a Weasley sweater
-a Gryffindor scarf

drummerboi202 on Ravelry

Old 11-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #36
stirsmommy
Turning the Heel

The two pairs of clogs are fulled and nearly dry. I finally have reached an accord with the first wrap I started and think I might actually accomplish them. And th pig bag is just needs seaming a face and fulling. Well it will still need lining but that I can do later as it is for my daughter so if it is dry I can do it the night before her b day. I need to work about thirty rows a day on the wraps plus some on the other items as well. I just have to focus on what I am doing.
OTN: Wonderful Wallaby for dd(on hold)
Pigeldy done but needs to be seamed and felted
scarf
Thorne market bag
Clogs (to replace shawls)
Christmas Stocking
In line to be cast on:Clogs (2 more pair)
scarf for ds
cat scarf for ds#2
2 booga bags
stirsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:40 PM   #37
drummerboi202
1st Leg of the Journey

Thats fairly good progress, Melissa. Is it okay if I call you that?

Im still on the scarf. I was going to start the earwarmer, until I realized that I was kntting the scarf on the needles I needed for the earwarmer. And I had started the mug cozy but then I realized that I had measured my swatch wrong and it was actually 5 stitches to an inch, not 6. And then I had to frog it all because it was ten stitches too long and ended up being 12 inches intead of 10 1/2. I really need to invest in a tape measure rather than a ruler I printed off the internet. Im going to look for one today, so then I can measure how long the scarf needs to be and then measure the stripes and calculate how many more stripes I need.

ETA: I just realized that lots of KAL's have little signature icons. Do you guys think we need some? I could probably whip up a couple in photoshop. What would we want on them?

In the future (I hope):
-a Weasley sweater
-a Gryffindor scarf

drummerboi202 on Ravelry

Old 11-09-2007, 05:40 PM   #38
drummerboi202
1st Leg of the Journey

Okay, because Im terribly impatient I've already made up a few icons. only one of them so far looks good as a small one, so only that one will fit in the signatures. Unless you want a big one in your signature. The others are larger and might fit better somwhere else, like maybe Ravelry or your blog or something. They were just such good pictures, I couldnt pass them up. I've put them on my photobucket so you guys can use them.

The smallest one

The bigger ones below:

BlueOrnaments

GoldOrnaments

Candle-yThings

If you need one just a bit smaller or larger, tell me, but I cant guarantee it will look good. Also, if you have a request or have a picture you want as an icon, let me know and I'll try to make it to the best of my photoshopping abilities.

ETA: Here's a even smaller version of the blue.

In the future (I hope):
-a Weasley sweater
-a Gryffindor scarf

drummerboi202 on Ravelry

Last edited by drummerboi202 : 11-10-2007 at 12:38 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:59 PM   #39
Sunny_Singer
Knitting the Flap

My order from elmore-pisgah - the manufacturers of Peaches and Creme cottons arrived and now I am in the midst of knitting 3 throw rugs. I love this yarn and the cones make it so I won't have a lot of knots.

I am knitting one in "desert colors", one in shaded denim and one in peach, light blue and cream. I only started them on Wednesday and all three are over 12 inches long all ready.

The desert one if for my sil Pam and spouse, the denim is for sil Sandy and spouse, and the other for sil Terry and spouse.

Sunny

I am one of the unlucky ones: I cannot view videos

OTN:

blanket for a man, scarf, poncho, 1 rug, baby blanket, finger puppet

2008 FO:

finger puppets: cat (2), dog, pig, frog, butterfly, bunny
Sunny_Singer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #40
scout52
Working the Gusset

Drummerboi

how big is your niece? i used lionbrand suede and when i used size 4 and 5 needles I had to frog back because they weren't booties but slippers. they were the size of my hand. about 5 1/2 inches long they could have fit a toddler. i had to size down the needles to i think 2 and 3 to get them to be baby size.
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote