Old 11-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #1
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
Yarn Substitution question--baby socks
So, I was out at a new LYS today with my MIL, and I picked up a teeny skein of Lorna's Laces Angel. If you haven't touched this yarn, well, don't, because you WILL buy it. It was wound in these teeny tiny skeins of 50 yards each, and it's 70/30 Angora/Lambswool, and totally addictive. She had it in a little basket RIGHT next to the register, so to influence the impulse buy, but at $16 a skein, it's not cheap. It is, however, just enough to make a pair of baby socks.

now the question is, what pattern? I was thinking the North Country Cotton pattern, but I'm wondering what size needle to use, and i don't want to swatch too much because I don't want to fuzz out the yarn (it's very fluffy). Is North Country Cotton a light worsted? Does anyone have a skein they can give me a wpi on, for comparison?

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-07-2007, 09:20 PM   #2
marykz
Working the Gusset

today is your lucky day! I was just adding my north country cotton to my stash..... my label says 5 st per inch on size 6 needles. I'm getting between 10 and 11 wpi. HTH!

marykz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marykz For This Useful Post:
aylaanne (11-07-2007)
Old 11-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
That's hugely helpful! Thanks so much!

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote