Old 11-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #11
simplethings
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to simplethings
My mom goes through at least 10 little and big orange bottles a month. o_O It turned out that my dentist (and her husband) also are nutritionists on the side and regularly donate daily vitamins and supplements to the homeless. They love to reuse the bottles because it allows them to divide and give a set of pills to an individual (enough to last for a few weeks) rather than just dropping a whole bunch of pills at a shelter where it may or may not be distributed evenly.
Now we regularly give my dentists bags full of empty bottles where before my mom just tossed them. They really appreciate it and make good use out of them. =)
Maybe you can find someone who does similar work.

and i blog about it too: http://cashmereblend.blogspot.com

check me out on ravelry.com:
http://www.ravelry.com/people/simplethings
simplethings is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-08-2007, 02:55 PM   #12
Rorshach
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Rorshach Send a message via Yahoo to Rorshach
A friend of mine gets a bunch of these every month, and is a regular pharmacopia, and he's also a chess enthusiast, so he got the bright idea to make chess pieces out of the bottles and sell them.

Wisdom is knowing what to do. Skill is how to do it. Virtue is getting it done.

That which does not kill you, isn't trying hard enough.
Rorshach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:56 PM   #13
ctmax
Knitting the Flap

I have the exact condition and was 27 when they diognosed me with it. It has taken the last 3 years to stabalize it. I used it go in every 2 months and get my blood taken and then the doctor would readjust my meds. This last time I went in nothing had changed so I got my first 6 month prescription. This runs in my family my mom, grandma, and aunt all have it. I'm sure it is just a matter of time for my sister. I use the bottles for holding my stitch markers, and my thread needles, recently we used a bottle to put my sons tooth in for the tooth fairy. My bottles are blue.
ctmax is offline   Reply With Quote