Old 11-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
llama_taboot
Casting On

Some questions about a striped scarf (messy edges and changing colors)
I'm doing a scarf --maybe all in seed stitch (knit flat), I haven't quite decided yet. But it definitely will have horizontal stripes. Usually I do a chain edge (slipping the first stitch of each row) to avoid messy edges, but how would I do that when it's time to change colors? I've only really changed colors while knitting in the round, so am confused about doing it at the adge of flat work. Especially when I factor in the issue of the messy edges!
llama_taboot is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-08-2007, 03:12 PM   #2
Boogs
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Boogs
You could always change colours on the last stitch of the row below the new colour - that way you should still be able to slip the first stitch on the next row.

I am not obsessed, I'm just highly pre-occupied!

Boogs is offline   Reply With Quote