Old 11-09-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
Yarnlady
Turning the Heel

Log Cabin Charity Knitting--Wanna Help?
We have many ongoing projects in the Charity area. One that we are starting back up is making baby blankets using the basic Log Cabin concept. These are Odd Ball blankets designed to use up all those partial skeins of yarn.

We use Red Heart acrylic yarn due to it's easy care, low cost, and high availability. The projects are done in a Round Robin format. One person works on it, sends it on to the next and so on until it's the size we want. No needles are sent along with the project. Your only investment is time, left over yarn, and postage.

Skills needed are basic: CO, Garter Stitch, BO and picking up sts. If you need to learn, we'll help you out. These are relatively small projects, easy take alongs, and really require no thought so make great TV watching, lecture sitting, doctor office waiting room, or book listening projects.

If you're interested in helping out, please come on over to the Log Cabin thread in the Charity Knitting area and check us out!

As a grand mother of a baby that spent quite a lot of time in a NeoNatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), I can tell you the small amount of time and effort you put into making these blankets is soooooooooo appreciated by family members that worry about their babies. It's one of those times you know your knitting is appreciated and it's an opportunity for you to give those little ones that so desperately need it, a hug.

Yarnlady is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-12-2007, 09:51 AM   #2
Yarnlady
Turning the Heel

Still looking for participants! If you're interested, let me know. We won't be starting till after the Holidays!

Yarnlady is offline   Reply With Quote