Old 11-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
LuLandymore
Casting On

Send a message via MSN to LuLandymore
Rubbish crocheting - defeatest n fed up
Hey,

feeling rather icky tonight (maybe pregnancy hormones) Have been doing knitting, done a few very simple bits and feel happy with the bits I can do, so decided that I should try crocheting. Well I got as far as doing a chain then trying to attach to do a single/double crochet stitch (I get confused with US and UK stitches). Kinda got that sorted and did a small square.

Then, my dear hubby trying to be good, cut my 2yr old sons hair (it was due) but did it abit too short. So I started searching through all the helpful pages and tips to make him a hat. But as good as they pages were, when I attempted to make a circle I dont really know what happened. I made a join (which was very very poor and probably not correct) and then tried to stitch in a round which kinda worked but it was curling up or was it making a tube? So i pulled it all apart feeling very naff...

I'm guessing its the pregnancy hormones that have got me this upset over something so small but I guess i wanted to be able to make a hat for my boy. I really want to get to grips with both knitting and crochet but now I feel rubbish.

Sorry to rant, this should've been in off topic section I know but I wanted the help on crochet.

Sorry all,

Lu

Married, UK mum of 2, 1 toddler and 1 fresh out of the oven!
LuLandymore is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-11-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
yarnrainbow
1st Leg of the Journey

I'm so sorry you're having such a bad day. Sometimes the hormones really make it a b!t...ummm, bitter thing to be a woman. But the good thing is...it will pass.

Don't give up on on making your son a hat. Maybe you could just wait until the blues pass. I know I personally find it difficult to learn anything when I'm feeling yucky.

I'm sure there are instructions on this website to make it easier for you to learn to knit in the round. I'm still a newbie or I'd try to help in a more practical manner. One of the more experienced members will probably chime in with some brilliant advice any time now. Until then, give yourself permission to feel cr@ppy for say...15 minutes...then go wallow in the love of your family for a couple of hours. By then, you'll probably be feeling tons better and will be ready to try again.

I'll be thinking of you and sending lots of and your way!
The Following User Says Thank You to yarnrainbow For This Useful Post:
LuLandymore (11-13-2007)
Old 11-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
samm
Turning the Heel

Hi! Try crochet pattern central.com for a pattern. They have all kinds of hats! Good luck!
samm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:36 AM   #4
Karrying Kolor
Ribbing the Cuff

So sorry...
...You're feeling blue
But don't give up!
Might I suggest that you check out Nextstitch.com for their crochet videos...Hopefully it will help you connect the stitch patterns to the terms that you use in the UK and make your projects easier to understand.

Good luck with your new addition and your crocheting!

OTN: Wheat Ear Cable Yoke Sweater
Irish Hiking Scarf & Watch Cap
Raglan Sleeve Hoodie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(KarryingKolor)
Karrying Kolor is offline   Reply With Quote