Old 11-11-2007, 07:40 PM   #1
IBAmyB
1st Leg of the Journey

Canberra, Australia LYS?
Hello All!

Sorry I haven't been on here recently.

DH is now home from Iraq (got home Thursday) and just today we found out that he is going to be getting orders to be stationed in Canberra, Australia! (teaching as a US Army exchange officer at the Australian Defence Force Academy --- gotta get used to that Aussie spelling!)

Anyone tell me of any good LYS in the area? (also, if anyone quilts or does cross stitch, good LQS and/or LNS???)

Thank you!

(DH has wanted to work with the Royal Signals since we were in college! He worked with a couple of Aussies here in Arizona on the exchange program and also with some of the Aussie forces in Iraq.)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-11-2007, 07:46 PM   #2
supermania5
Casting On

I"m back...
I haven't been on here in about a year now and so I"ve noticed some big changes. For one this format has changed drastically I must say. I guess I need to catch up and find out what's popular for knitting these days and just a general catch up. Right now i"m just knitting dish cloths for Christmas gifts. But, I"m open to most anything. SUggestions???
supermania5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:56 AM   #3
Curly_Toot
Ribbing the Cuff

Howdy Amy!
Awesome news about moving to Canberra... i'm not in the ACT (australian capital territory) but its our capital city so its bound to have a couple of LYS around the place.
UPDATE: i just used yellowpages.com.au and it looks like there are 4 stores that stock yarn in Canberra.
I'm in Adelaide and we only have three really good yarn stores (one of which is on the other side of the city so i never go there!). Ontop of that is Lincraft or Spotlight... which are large craft type stores probably like Michaels is it?

p.s - i think supermainia meant to post a new topic!!