Old 11-11-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
Braden
Instepping Out

KnittingHelp Monthly Challenge - November
Sorry this is late--I totally forgot (stupid? Yes I am)

This month's challenge will be...

A KNIT/PURL COMBO PROJECT!

Come on, they might seem simple, but we all know that knit/purl combination are endless. They can be used to create diamonds, stripes, anything you wish to have textural variation. There are some interesting choices, design wise. I myself will be continuing an old project, the Drops Sweater that I've blogged about before. But, you can knit anything.

A knit/purl combination is classified as anything which uses knit and purl stitches in the same row. Or, garter stitch in the round, which uses both knitting and purling.

There are some good choices, such as many patterns and stitches at Knitting Pattern Central. Or, make up your own, using the percentage system. There are also many stitch possibilitieshere

Knit whatever you want! Good luck, and I hope this challenge is more popular than last month's. I'll be around daily to offer help, advice, and compliments, as will other great knitters.

Have fun!

BTW--Here's my project.

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-11-2007, 09:20 PM   #2
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

wow. i never would have guessed that i'd be working on the monthly challenge before it got posted.
i'm working on the rainyday scarf in mmmmalabrigo as a christmas present for a teacher i know. it's going really fast, and it's actually been a lot of fun. it has a rythm i can get in to, but it's not boring. it's basically a 2x2 rib, with alternating stitches/stitch combos at the beginning of each row. i'm really liking it. i'll post a picture when i finally get around to putting them all on my computer.

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Lady Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
Braden
Instepping Out

Here's the button, let me know if it could be better!
Attached Images:

BradenCS on Ravelry
Old 11-11-2007, 10:15 PM   #4
AngMac
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to AngMac
Oooh.. Fun! I have been working on a sock that has a knit/purl combo in it. Its creating a really fun twisted rib pattern in the sock. I will take a picture of my progress and post it in a few days.

AngMac on Ravelry

OTN:Manos Blanket, Scarf, Socks, Poinsettia Wreath and Koolhaas Hat.
Awaiting Finishing:Hedwig the Owl and a Hedgehog
FO:My So Called Scarf
AngMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #5
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

Oooh, I actually have something completed already that was started right at the beginning of November, so that counts, right? It's the Pea Pod baby sweater from Interweave, but I switched it up to make it a bit more boy-ish and used the inverness diamonds stitch pattern from The Knitter's Bible instead of the lace panel given in the pattern. It also has seed stitch and rib, which are both knit/purl combos of course. This is the smallest size, and took quite a bit less than 2 skeins of Cotton-Ease in the colour called "Lake". I still need to buy buttons. I'm hoping to find some really little dark wood toggle buttons.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	pea pod 002 resized.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	45193  
Old 11-12-2007, 12:00 AM   #6
Braden
Instepping Out

That looks great!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Old 11-12-2007, 12:47 AM   #7
kristinw
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Lady Violet View Post
wow. i never would have guessed that i'd be working on the monthly challenge before it got posted.
i'm working on the rainyday scarf in mmmmalabrigo as a christmas present for a teacher i know. it's going really fast, and it's actually been a lot of fun. it has a rythm i can get in to, but it's not boring. it's basically a 2x2 rib, with alternating stitches/stitch combos at the beginning of each row. i'm really liking it. i'll post a picture when i finally get around to putting them all on my computer.
oooh, I LOVE the Rainy Day scarf . I made one in mmmm and it is so squishy. I think I should make another one. What color is the one you are making?

My knitting blog: The Knit of It

I'm kristin on
kristinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:06 AM   #8
iwouldratherbeknitting
Turning the Heel

knitqueen- that cardi looks so cute! Toggles will look adorable with it too. I also saw some buttons in the shapes of little bears and some other animals just the other day (all sorts of solid colors: blue, yellow, red, green) and they'd look cute too.

I made the same cardi too- and put a cable down the front instead of lace- since, I was making it for a boy and I wanted it to look a little more 'boy-ish'.
Updated almost daily.. honest!
I'm moving to Germany this summer! My name on Ravelry is: iwouldratherknit
iwouldratherbeknitting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:21 AM   #9
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by kristinw View Post
oooh, I LOVE the Rainy Day scarf . I made one in mmmm and it is so squishy. I think I should make another one. What color is the one you are making?
little lovey, and i have to say - it's lovely!

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Lady Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #10
Sunny_Singer
Knitting the Flap

The rugs I am knitting as Christmas gifts are in seed stitch, which is k1,p1 every row. I am currently knitting 3 simultaneously knitting 4 strands of Peaches and Creme yarns together. My stitches in these aren't quite even, but they are throw or scatter rugs, so they don't have to "fit" a specific size like a sweater would.

They are working up quickly for the pattern calls for size 13 needles, and so far are fun to work with. I started working on these last Wednesday, Nov 7.

For ease of knitting, I am using Peaches and Creme cones, rather than buying 8 or 10 balls of each color.

Sunny

I am one of the unlucky ones: I cannot view videos

OTN:

blanket for a man, scarf, poncho, 1 rug, baby blanket, finger puppet

2008 FO:

finger puppets: cat (2), dog, pig, frog, butterfly, bunny
Sunny_Singer is offline   Reply With Quote