Old 11-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #1
elaineb
Casting On

hours in a day
Just wondering--How many hour a day do you average on your knitting. I find that I knit most of the evening away usually about 3 hours. How about you?
Also how long did your longest object take to finish and what was it?
elaineb is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-13-2007, 12:15 AM   #2
AnnaT
Knitting the Flap

Well, I get in at least an hour a day. It might be divided up. On a quiet evening I might do as much as 2 hours without stopping.

About the longest project--Do UFOs count? I spent a month working on a sweater back this summer before I put it aside, deciding I didn't really like it or like knitting it. I have an ongoing blanket made out of squares I started last spring. And my mother's Christmas present took me a month to finish. It was the Besotted scarf, with four cable rows instead of three on 4mm needles. I haven't posted a picture yet because I need to put the fringe on it. Actually, I'm trying to decide if it needs fringe or not.

Now I am working on a vest for my MIL which I estimate will take me until probably Christmas to do. I completed the left front in 8 days, so it's going pretty quickly, but am worried about the button and neck band and armhole bands, because I've never done those before.
AnnaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:33 AM   #3
Sandi
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to Sandi
I try to get in at least an hour a day. Makes me feel like i'm moving forward on a project.
Some day's it's 3 or 4 hours and some only 15 minutes.
Always a pair of Socks!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:35 AM   #4
Knitting_Guy
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,130 Times in 832 Posts
Some days none at all, some days about an hour split up through the day, some days several hours.

What do you mean guys don't knit?

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.

Perfection is overrated. Knitting is meant to relieve stress, not cause it. Relax and enjoy it.

My boring blog http://masonm.joeuser.com

My knitting blog
http://knittingguy.blogspot.com/

My New Home Page (work in progress)
http://www.gpstrucker.000hosted.com

Knitting_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #5
elaineb
Casting On

Yes UFO"S count . I know what you mean though, I started a shawl (falling leaves ) for my sis for Christmas 2006 in October 2006. Anyway maybe it will be ready for this Christmas , and I really do like the pattern but it seems that once I put it down I get involved in other things. I have to learn how to stay on the project till its done before starting another one. right now I have FT clogs that need an outer sole, Sock one started for grandson, The shawl, Thornton market bag for daughter half done, and sock two for husband started , this is why I feel like theres not enough hours in a day! I have to admit though I took last night off , I worked late and then I was just too tired to concentrate. I'm off today so hopefully I'll get to catch up a little. I would love to finish the clogs today at least !
elaineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:37 AM   #6
Jitendra
Ribbing the Cuff

Up until recently I guess I'd get about 2-3 hours in total in. Now I can't really knit as much, I have a ton of final papers to write before December 6. After that I hope to get back to my usual routine.
Jitendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:52 PM   #7
Doublereeder2
Working the Gusset

I usually knit 2 hours or so in the evenings unless I am working. It is hard to say the longest project since I like to knit more than one at a time and sometimes put them away for a while (as long as a year?!) before getting back to them.

Aw, gee - c'mon and see: www.knittinreed.blogspot.com
Doublereeder2 is offline   Reply With Quote