Old 11-13-2007, 02:10 PM   #1
Cherinec5
1st Leg of the Journey

please help me with this
I seen this sweater and fell in love with it. but since i have the same exact color yarn and can knit i figured i'd make on for my 3 year old instead of buy one.
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000VRZSP4

but i dont know how. i know its basic ribbing i guess 2x2 or 3x3 with a garter st border and neck. but how do i do the button hole on the shoulder? i can even do it in stockinetter st if i wanted..

can anyone help me with the shoulder button hole area please??? i would really love to make this for her. i just finished a sweater for her and she loves to wear it.
Cherinec5 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
astonh
Turning the Heel

Don't know if this will help, but under the "View Videos" tab at top of the page, you can go to "Advanced Techniques" and scroll almost to the bottom of the page. There is a video tute on buttonholes.

That is a cute sweater. best of luck.

FO: Garter Stitch Baby Kimono, Baby Roots Cardigan, Knitted Baby Hat, Custom Adjustable Felted Guitar Strap, Flirtation Cozy, Modified Knit Coffee Sleeve, Scarf, My So-Called Scarf, Baby Converse Shoes, Balaclava, Various Dish/Wash Cloths

www.trowelanderror.blogspot.com
Oh...and I'm heajames on Ravelry
astonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
Cherinec5
1st Leg of the Journey

thanks for the reply but the problem is that i dont know how i would do the shoulder area. i know how to do a button hole. am i making sense? i'm guessing it would be better not to work this sweater in the round?
Cherinec5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #4
drummerboi202
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to drummerboi202
It looks to me like the buttons are just sewn on for decoration. I would just get a couple big buttons in the main color of the sweater and sew them on.
-a swimsuit coverup for my stepmoms bday

In the future (I hope):
-a Deathly Hallows wristband
-a Weasley sweater
-a Gryffindor scarf

drummerboi202 on Ravelry

drummerboi202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:26 PM   #5
brittyknits
Turning the Heel

There was a link to a free pattern listed on here a few weeks ago, for a before and after maternity top. It had an inset which had diagonal buttons, like the one in the photo you've got, here. The only problem, is that when I went to get it, the page or site or something won't go through. So try contacting www.canadianliving.com which is where it was, and ask them about their free before and after knitting pattern. The other thing is to search through www.knittingpatterncentral.com and see if there are any tops with that kind of buttoning and then you could maybe just figure it out from there?. . .
Good luck with it-- it's an adorable outfit!
brittyknits is offline   Reply With Quote