Old 11-13-2007, 11:10 PM   #1
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

looking for specific hat pattern
i should have known this was going to happen. you see a pattern that's not quite what you're looking for, so you completely bypass it. then two days later you're driving yourself crazy trying to find it again!

okay. breathe.

a couple of days ago someone posted a link somewhere on here to a page with lots of free patterns. i was thinking it was in the november challenge thread, but no dice. it was definitely not knittingpatterncentral.com. i've even looked on ravelry for it and there's nothing that really resembles it. i believe the patterns/pattern cattegories were listed on the left side of the site. the specific pattern i need is basically a beginner's hat (without being called that). it was a simple beanie-type hat. i think it looked like it might have had some ribbing action, but it was hard to tell because the picture was kind of strange like the photographer/editor had added some effect to it. the picture was large and in the center of the page. the hat was knitted with worsted weight, dark colored yarn. i think that's all the details i can remember.

gee. i hope i can sleep tonight!

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Lady Violet is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-13-2007, 11:35 PM   #2
March_girl16
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to March_girl16
did you try to look for the thread name? you can type any key words of the thread or the user name of the thread owner i think that would help.

-thank me if i helped

http://izetaknits.blogspot.com/
visit my blog give me ideas!
March_girl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:37 PM   #3
March_girl16
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to March_girl16
I Found It!

This is the Forum That Braden Has

KnittingHelp Monthly Challenge - November
Sorry this is late--I totally forgot (stupid? Yes I am)

This month's challenge will be...

A KNIT/PURL COMBO PROJECT!

Come on, they might seem simple, but we all know that knit/purl combination are endless. They can be used to create diamonds, stripes, anything you wish to have textural variation. There are some interesting choices, design wise. I myself will be continuing an old project, the Drops Sweater that I've blogged about before. But, you can knit anything.

A knit/purl combination is classified as anything which uses knit and purl stitches in the same row. Or, garter stitch in the round, which uses both knitting and purling.

There are some good choices, such as many patterns and stitches at Knitting Pattern Central. Or, make up your own, using the percentage system. There are also many stitch possibilitieshere

Knit whatever you want! Good luck, and I hope this challenge is more popular than last month's. I'll be around daily to offer help, advice, and compliments, as will other great knitters.

Have fun!

http://izetaknits.blogspot.com/
visit my blog give me ideas!
March_girl16 is offline   Reply With Quote