Old 11-14-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Going to San Diego - Must See Sites/Restaraunts??
Hey y'all! My family is going to San Diego next week. Is there anything "off the beaten path" that we should see...any hidden away restaurants or good LYS???

What do you recommend??

Thanks!

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-14-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
scout52
Working the Gusset

Hey Auburnchick

I hope you and your family have a wonderful time here in San Diego. The air quality is clearing up so there should be no issues healthwise for you. its been beautiful and warm this whole week.

I ADORE Cafe Sevilla. They do Flamenco and tango Dinner shows. They even have one of the guys from the Gypsy Kings do the singing and music on the Gypsy Flamenco nights which also has Belly Dancing. Everyone I have taken there absolutely loves it. But it is adult only. They serve Tradtional Spain food. here is the address.
they also have a website if you want to check it out. you can by tickets for the dinner show. the meal includes dessert, paella, bread, but no alcohol or appetizers. the food is excellent. the music and dancing is fabulous.

Cafe Sevilla
555 4th Ave
San Diego, CA 92101

http://www.cafesevilla.com/

I also love Bud's its a creole restaurant. I always go there for lunch. Its totally worth the long *** walk from work.

Bud's (its closed Mondays and Sundays')
2034 Kettner Blvd
San Diego, CA
(619) 239-4210
I highly recommend the Shrimp creole. and the jalepeno cornbread muffin. yummy!!

Dang it. there is a cute LYS shop that is completely blanking out on the name. I only been there a couple of times. Their hours do not coincide with my long work hours but its by the Hooters across from the Mission Valley Mall on the Interstate 8. Your hotel will know where the mall is. Its really colorful you can't miss it. You would take Mission Valley exit on the interstate 8 You can see the hooters its right across the street from the mall.

I like The Grove LYS.
3010 Juniper Street
San Diego CA
(619) 284-7684

The website has moved. i just checked it and its different now. i was wondering why i hadn't received an email regarding this month's class schedule.

http://christenbrown.com/info/index.html

they are at
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scout52 For This Useful Post:
auburnchick (11-14-2007)
Old 11-14-2007, 04:40 PM   #3
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanks a bunch!

We'll probably have to skip the flamenco...we'll be with a team of soccer players (teenage females). Not exactly appropriate.

The creole sound right up my alley!!! I'll pass the info on to the other parents on the team!!

Old 11-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #4
scout52
Working the Gusset

Its only women dancers no men. Its adult only because of the alcohol i think. i would have to call to see if they allow teens to the show. Its not provocative at all.

but Bud's IS DELICIOUS!!!! My work provides paid lunches for us we can order and I tried to convince them to order from Bud's but we were to large for Bud's to handle on top of their regular lunch crowd (over 200 employees). DANG it!!! Your going to love it.

Ooooh I just remembered my favorite breakfast place, i can't believe I forgot to mention it the first time. the Cantina. its in Pacific Beach.

The Cantina
966 Felspar St,
San Diego, CA 92109
Phone: (858) 272-8400

walking distance to the beach so you can walk off your breakfast afterwards.

If you have a large group probably should make a reservation so you don't have a long wait if its a weekend. its reaaaally busy on sundays. but soooo worth the wait. I recommend the coconut french toast with the roasted rosemary potatoes as a side. yummmy!!
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:47 PM   #5
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Yum, yum!!!!