Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:21 PM   #131
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Originally Posted by Secksiebrat View Post
I used some of my caron simply soft cranberry stashed yarn to knit on the oddball lapghan! I didn't use it all, BUT it was stashed yarn none the less!

~danielle~
Hey there Danielle, secksiebrat! Hooray! Doesn't that feel gooood? Caron Simply Soft is such luscious yarn! Glad you could utilize it! Cranberry! Nice color, too! One more lot of yarn is sprung from yarn jail!

Artlady at Rav

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-18-2007, 10:27 PM   #132
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Knittingnonie View Post
I'm on board! I've not added all my stashed yarn in Ravelry... in fact I have lots to add/do there yet... but I have lots of yarn to use up. Quite of bit of my stash is acrylic stuff that I've acquired over the years when I was learning how to knit. My church is building cottages to house families with foster children and my goal is to use up my stash of acrylics to knit up quick and simple afghans for them.

Realistically, I think I can knit up one afghan per month in addition to whatever other project I want to knit.

I love your index card tip, ArtLady! My challenge has been that I get motivated to knit a specific item and buy the yarn for it and then it sits there in my stash long enough for me to forget what project I bought it for!
Oh yeah, I feel ya on that one! That is the main reason my Stash has become so ridiculously out-of-control! I forget what I have and how nice it is! Doh.

Hey, the quickest, nicest afghan I have seen lately (especially good for utilizing paroled stash yarn) is that log cabin afghan as seen in the Mason-Dixon book. Have you seen this afghan pattern?

I used up a gob of acrylic stash yarn this summer for a patchwork quilt-afghan for my 5 yr old granddaughter. But I will never ever ever ever again make 60-something afghan squares again! Not after having seen that easy-peasy (and beautiful) log cabin design concept!

Thanks for sharing your goals

! And, you are most welcome about the index cards. I still use them faithfully. I "un-engaged" two cards yesterday, and re-engaged them to other cards! TeeHee! I love my "power plays"!

Artlady at Rav
Old 12-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #133
LilHuskiesFootBallMom
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to LilHuskiesFootBallMom Send a message via Yahoo to LilHuskiesFootBallMom
I really need to get my OTN's done up... at this point:
sleaves for a weasley sweater
red weasley sweater (have the back panel 1/3 of the way done, this is my take along project)
purple socks (first sock 1/2 done, second sock down to ribbing the cuff right now.. i'm doing both at once so they come out the same!)
shawl for me.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:27 AM   #134
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by LilHuskiesFootBallMom View Post
I really need to get my OTN's done up... at this point:
sleaves for a weasley sweater
red weasley sweater (have the back panel 1/3 of the way done, this is my take along project)
purple socks (first sock 1/2 done, second sock down to ribbing the cuff right now.. i'm doing both at once so they come out the same!)
shawl for me.
Way to go, Mom! Good to get a full picture! I feel so good about getting all but one of my OTN's done and out of my hair! I can start a brand new project with no guilt! I am going to wash, rinse and block the 5 pieces for BORGHILD tomorrow...and tonight I am feverishly working on the matching 'in the round' cami/tank for it. I had 6 skeins of yarn left over...kinda stashy in a way! I will wash, rinse and block it, too! I want to wear this sweater-set to our Bebruary 2-day retreat: Two full days of Bible talks, family counseling, children's counseling, etc. Dressy business attire. I've lost 10 lbs recently, so I think the set will look better on me than otherwise.

Artlady at Rav
Old 12-19-2007, 06:47 AM   #135
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

I'm using my stash! There, I admit. Right now I've finished Fetching for FIL, I just need to block them a bit and they were knit with the same Cahsmerino Aran as the scarf for MIL. I'm also using the same yarn for a ski hat for my dad and I'm making headbands for my mother from an acrylic stash I got from my grandmother. I'm also using that stash to knit an oddball pillow case, which I'm going to put on a pig pillow and give my dear dog, Tyra (as seen on avatar). She deserves it! I started putting my stash on Ravelry, but I need to take pictures of it all. I'm also trying to match the stash to queued (sp?) projects on Ravelry, instead of the cards system (ArtLady, no offence ).
Old 12-19-2007, 03:14 PM   #136
msmelody
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to msmelody
I am starting my first stash program. A blanket for one of my children. It will be 70" x 80" in ridged slip stitch. I have about 40 skeins of Bernat Softee Baby in Mint and Lilac to make two blankets of the same size. Might have to order more yarn to complete both. But getting these blankets done will use more than half of the stash.

I am msmelody on Ravelry.

Water4gas is my new pursuit.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:24 PM   #137
LadyB
1st Leg of the Journey

I think I'm in trouble. I've been very good at not purchasing more, and am working on 2 projects that use up some stash yarn. Well, I just signed up for a spinning class that starts in Feb. and I get a 20% discount on everything in the store from now until the class ends. Even worse, I got some extra spending money. I think I may be doing some stash enhancing in 2008....What are the rules for this thing again?!?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:33 PM   #138
amyknits
Casting On

Count me in!! I thought I had my stash under control & then I found 2 other "stashes" around the house....I'm sure there are more!! I'll have to get in all together to figure out where to start. I love the notecard trick! Thanks. I also like the idea of knitting stash first & then a new project, but I don't think I could do it all in one month. You must knit fast!! Lightning fingers! I better get started!!
Old 12-20-2007, 02:22 AM   #139
ahkatelier
Ribbing the Cuff

Stash project and photos
I started Jared'sKoolhaas cap from Interweave Holiday using some winter white stashed yarn. DD requested a beanie in winter white for Christmas.
I also took photos of another bin of yarn to put on my Ravelry stash page. I should get my laptop back soon. Then I'll be able to post my photos again.

On the needles: Granny Square Socks, Flaming Anklets, April Raindrop Socks, Sidewinder socks,

Recent finished objects: Annetrelac socks, Jaywalker socks, Flaming socks, Pi Togue Hat, Noro Rainbow socks,
Old 12-20-2007, 03:03 AM   #140
Knittingnonie
Casting On

I just used the pattern search feature on Ravelry for the first time to take a peek at those Log Cabin afghans... that looks like the perfect stash buster for me. Thanks for the suggestion!

OTN: Child's afghan, baby bib
FO: Baby blanket (used stash) :Adult Afghan, 2 Baby Surprise Jackets (using stash)
Closed Thread