Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 08:04 PM   #531
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Hi Judy (Merigold!),

No, they don't have allergies. They are just weird. I mean, isn't it rather odd to be persnickety about a dog in an immaculate home...and on the other hand...eat out at restaurants several times a week??? You've watched Kitchen Nightmares, haven't you? That is a sobering program! Behind the scenes in most restaurants would cure anyone (persnickety) from ever eating out again!

Our DD has been married for over 10 years, and we have yet to have her inlaws over for dinner. We have dogs. We meet them for dinner.

Artlady at Rav

Last edited by ArtLady1981 : 06-16-2008 at 09:04 PM.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-16-2008, 08:17 PM   #532
bethany
Turning the Heel

hmm...reason for me to get a dog? no no, just kidding!

OTN: Old Shale Lace Triangle
OTH: blanket
FO: 3 pairs Pocketbook slippers, Kickline socks, baby cloths, 007 monkey, market bag, Ocean socks, chemo cap, 12 Stitch-It! blankets, 9 Charity Oddball baby blankets

: Bethanyg

Old 06-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #533
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

I'm back but i'm in trouble! I fell off the wagon so badly, my b**t hurts. This is why. I bought so much yarn in Moscow you won't believe it! But now i'm not buying anymore - just stash yarn! Here are some pictures from the trip
Old 06-21-2008, 02:51 PM   #534
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

A little stashbuster from me - knitted with acrylic yarn i have and 3.75mm needles from a pattern by Yvonne Boucher.

I used lots more yarn than the knitting alone, because i stuffed the caterpillar with the rest of it!
Old 06-22-2008, 12:13 AM   #535
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by KnittingNat View Post
A little stashbuster from me - knitted with acrylic yarn i have and 3.75mm needles from a pattern by Yvonne Boucher.

I used lots more yarn than the knitting alone, because i stuffed the caterpillar with the rest of it!
Sooooo adorable! What a darling smile!! Thanks for sharing!

Artlady at Rav
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
KnittingNat (06-22-2008)
Old 06-22-2008, 02:04 AM   #536
LadyB
1st Leg of the Journey

That is just adorable! And what a great idea to stuff it with leftover yarn. wtg!
Old 06-22-2008, 02:05 AM   #537
LadyB
1st Leg of the Journey

Welcome back! The pics are fantastic. What a great trip -- makes me want to go there too.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:47 PM   #538
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
If you are reading this and it is already June, don't worry...the Stash Train makes regular stops for New Stashies! Hop aboard!)

Hi!

My scrapbooking stash is so insane that I have been very careful about my yarn stash. HOWEVER, the only thing keeping me from adding to my yarn is:

a) my LYS closed last winter
b) my new LYS is far away
c) online shopping is less rewarding.

(Between shipping costs and not being able to touch the yarn while I'm browsing...it is easy to talk myself out of online orders.)

I've been staying away from this thread because I think I really don't belong, but right now I'm between projects and I could use some encouragement. Maybe this isn't the place to get it, but since I'd rather use yarn I have, than drool over yarn I don't, this seemed to be a good start.

My inspirations for finally posting are those two adorable baby sweaters and that super cute catepillar! I need to go back through the thread and see what else has been posted!

One thing I really want to try is sweaters and cardigans for babies and their dolls. (Ok, one toddler and her baby doll. ) I don't do more than one project at a time though, and I'm working on my first pair of socks with some KP yarn at the moment.

My DD has the cutest cardigan and I want to try to duplicate it -- it's basically a stockinette with a cute edge/border. She's a 24mo/2T and the sweater is a 12mo and I still put it on her because I love it so much.

But those are all new yarn projects -- I'm here to work through the teal and peach and grey and navy and varigated yarn that I bought back in my crochet days!

(It's the teal and peach that are driving me batty! )

My FOs won't be as nice as what I've seen so far, but I'm hoping the thought of posting here will remind me to get going and work on that yarn so I can share with you all!

Last edited by sakura-panda : 07-08-2008 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Changed "LSS" to "LYS"
Old 06-23-2008, 02:19 PM   #539
LadyB
1st Leg of the Journey

Welcome! I can't wait to see the projects you are working on. It's very rewarding using the beautiful yarn that you've purchased to make beautiful things. Have fun knitting!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:37 PM   #540
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Welcome aboard the ole Stash Train, Sakura!

Yes, you will feel soooo good when you use up your Stash!

I am working my Stash management by resisting any new yarn until i have used some Stash yarn project. At least the Stash on hand at the beginning of the year will get used in some way or 'nother!

I call the new yarn "REWARD YARN". Speaking of which...I was visiting the only quality yarn shop in all of North Eastern Washington last week...and caved in aand bought up 16 skeins of NATURWOLLE BLACK FOREST yarn. I want to make a 'car coat' length jacket for myself, after I finish my current Stash Yarn project for my brother.

"Trapper"

"Butternut"

"Dark Chocolate"

And more true confessions: I bought out all the MALABRIGO MERINO yarn in color 63 "Natural" (undyed) cream at the Halcyon.com website. I foolishly Googled the word MALABRIGO MERINO and poked around to see if any of the vendors listed had any "Natural" left...especially after the breaking news of their (Malabrigo) warehouse fire!

Well, mostly no one carries "Natural" in the first place. One vendor told my LYS shop owner that 'undyed' Malabrigo doesn't exist! Ha!
(you've seen my GROVE mid-calf coat! 10 skeins of Malabrigo "natural, undyed"!)

Anyhoo, it is too embarrassing to admit how many skeins I hogged up. But, there is none left after I left the website. I just love the look of cream...and cream Malabrigo feels better than anything I ever felt. Even Cashmere. Or, even Angora.

Oh well, there it is! I am definitely on YARN RESTRICTIONS for a while. Even though my last 3 or 4 projects have used Stash Yarn...the number of skeins I bought over the past week hardly off-set it! I feel wonderfully guilty! Is that like sweet/salty? Like a PayDay candy bar? Or, BonBons & JujiFruits with your Popcorn at the movies?

Artlady at Rav
Closed Thread