Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 05:23 PM   #51
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Originally Posted by suziehomemaker View Post
I'm in!

I have a bin of yarn that I purchased for making the Great American Aran Afghan. My goal is to finish that blanket in 2008. That would give me an entire bin of storage space for fun new purchases!

My only exception is for charity projects. If I don't have yarn that meets the exact requirements when the project gets to me then I'm definitely going shopping, with a coupon of course!
Welcome Suzie! Yes, I agree with you about charity knitting. I wouldn't make myself "earn" yarn for charity projects either. That is a wonderful work of love! Keep up that good spirit!

Artlady at Rav

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-26-2007, 05:43 PM   #52
misha rf

I'm gonna stay on the Stash Train for 2008!!

I was sort of successful in 2007. I did use up a lot of my cotton stash! (I'm still going to try to have all of the little ones used up by the end of the year, which will leave me with the cones.) I fell off the wagon kinda hard at SAFF, but it was useless to resist.

Most of my stash is listed in Ravelry (still haven't put the SAFF stuff in yet--need some "free" time to do that). But I'm really going to try veryveryveryveryveryvery hard not to buy any more yarn, unless it's for a charity project and I don't have anything suitable. Unless, of course, I get gift certificates as gifts. I'll try to use those for "rewards" for using up X amount of yarn.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:25 PM   #53
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by misha rf View Post
I'm gonna stay on the Stash Train for 2008!!

I was sort of successful in 2007. I did use up a lot of my cotton stash! (I'm still going to try to have all of the little ones used up by the end of the year, which will leave me with the cones.) I fell off the wagon kinda hard at SAFF, but it was useless to resist.

Most of my stash is listed in Ravelry (still haven't put the SAFF stuff in yet--need some "free" time to do that). But I'm really going to try veryveryveryveryveryvery hard not to buy any more yarn, unless it's for a charity project and I don't have anything suitable. Unless, of course, I get gift certificates as gifts. I'll try to use those for "rewards" for using up X amount of yarn.
Hi Misha! Welcome aboard the Stash Train! Hey, I nosed around in your (public ) Ravelry Stash Notebook....mmmmmmm...you have some darn luscious yarns! Wheeeee! You and me are about in the same boat!

Looking forward to your successes and your Stash Projects during the coming year!

And I love your living arrangement! One DH and 8 cats! Nice!

Artlady at Rav
Old 11-27-2007, 12:51 AM   #54
Firey Vixxen
1st Leg of the Journey

Me too
Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
Besides De-Stashing... my other goals for 2008 are: learn to knit socks, and Entrelac-anything.
I want to learn socks and entrelac as well. I've got 4 half used balls of baby wool that could make a loverly entrelac baby blanket. and I need more socks.
as dumbledore says "one can never have too many Socks"
Especially warm, handknitted, well fitting ones wthout holes in them. (No more sewing up sockholes )
Old 11-27-2007, 01:33 AM   #55
Lisa R.
Turning the Heel

I'm in. I don't think my stash is as big as some, but there's plenty in there, and my dh finally said, when I brought home one tiny skein for my dd to make some Christmas ornaments, "You're not going to buy any more yarn any time soon, are you?" Since he's been so good, and hasn't said a word before now, I feel I should really make an effort to use up what I have...and it's a lot more than I thought, now that I see it on Ravelry (and that's not complete quite yet).

Anyway, I bought a bunch of skeins to work on some sort of afghan with my dd. We were thinking some sort of mitered square thing, but I'm thinking that my couple of test squares were misshapen,and it might not be as much fun as I thought. Any suggestions for a shared project????

And there's a small batch of stuff I bought on sale without any project in mind, so I need to get cracking on that, too! Just as soon as Christmas is over.

So, my goals are to do the afghan or throw with dd, and to use up at least a couple of projects' worth of yarn before buying more...so dh can better understand the concepts! (He gets buying yarn for a project; he doesn't get buying yarn to keep in the closet!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:03 AM   #56
yarnfreak
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to yarnfreak
I'll join in. I don't have a monster stash, but it's enough to make me feel guilty when I look at it. DH is deploying soon, so I'll have a ton of time to kill. Then I can buy new yarn, um, look at, um, yeah. LOL
Old 11-27-2007, 04:05 AM   #57
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Count me in, but I'm going to cheat. After the first of January, ALL my stashed yarn except for one color way that will be a spring sweater is going to charity. People where I used to work will be making squares for Warm Up America, a good cause.

I'll need help to not want to fill up the void!

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Old 11-27-2007, 04:07 AM   #58
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Oh wait! I have a large bin of baby yarn, have to keep that, as Little Miss Avatar likes things I knit.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Old 11-27-2007, 04:28 PM   #59
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Lisa R. View Post
I'm in. I don't think my stash is as big as some, but there's plenty in there, and my dh finally said, when I brought home one tiny skein for my dd to make some Christmas ornaments, "You're not going to buy any more yarn any time soon, are you?" Since he's been so good, and hasn't said a word before now, I feel I should really make an effort to use up what I have...and it's a lot more than I thought, now that I see it on Ravelry (and that's not complete quite yet).

Anyway, I bought a bunch of skeins to work on some sort of afghan with my dd. We were thinking some sort of mitered square thing, but I'm thinking that my couple of test squares were misshapen,and it might not be as much fun as I thought. Any suggestions for a shared project????

And there's a small batch of stuff I bought on sale without any project in mind, so I need to get cracking on that, too! Just as soon as Christmas is over.

So, my goals are to do the afghan or throw with dd, and to use up at least a couple of projects' worth of yarn before buying more...so dh can better understand the concepts! (He gets buying yarn for a project; he doesn't get buying yarn to keep in the closet!
Hi Lisa! Welcome!

An idea for a shared project: why not work the LOG CABIN afghan??!! You couldn't work on it simutaneously, but you could take turns adding to it! Knitqueen, a knitter here at KH, posted her log cabin! CLICK HERE to see it! The concept is in the Mason-Dixon knitting book! Have you seen this book? It is for sale at Amazon. Worth every penny BTW!

What is your Ravelry handle? I want to add you in MY FRIENDS if I haven't done so already!

Artlady at Rav
Old 11-27-2007, 04:31 PM   #60
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by yarnfreak View Post
I'll join in. I don't have a monster stash, but it's enough to make me feel guilty when I look at it. DH is deploying soon, so I'll have a ton of time to kill. Then I can buy new yarn, um, look at, um, yeah. LOL
Welcome yarnfreak! You are in the right place, at the right time! We look forward to seeing your stash projects! Keep us posted here!

Artlady at Rav
Closed Thread