Old 10-12-2009, 09:39 PM   #41
mwhite
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Lindszoo View Post
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and i'm in Parker
Visited Parker in August...Great town and love the super nice knitters I met while there. Super area!
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #42
brolie
1st Leg of the Journey

heya.. im in colorado springs... south west side kinda close to the broadmoor.. i saw there were a ton of posts to this thread now, so i figured it would be easier to just post instead of trying to read through haha
brolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #43
kae1crafts
1st Leg of the Journey

SW Colorado Springs Knitter
Hi,

I'm just off 8th Street in South West Colorado Springs. Are there any knitting get-togethers in this area?

Kae
kae1crafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #44
N0obKnitter
Working the Gusset

Hi!

I'm in Thornton
Old 11-10-2010, 07:11 AM   #45
daviddwillson
Casting On

Originally Posted by Jessi View Post
Desamara
I read your post and had to make sure I didn't post it! I live in NW Denver with my husband and 2 cats. I frequent Posh yarn boutique on 39th and Tennyson.
Hiya Jessi n welcome to the party!!!! Colorado bulldogs fer everyone!!!! ( that's just a white russian topped off with cola).
I did manage to find an (L)YS a little closer to me in Sterling. Not so far to drive and it is a nice store. She even has some patterns on Ravelry, her store is "fiberspace" and she does have a website which is like kewl.
I did get some lonesome stone mountain feet sock yarn n hopefully I'll be able to make some sox with it soon enough. That is, after I get done with the projects at hand.
Right now I'm in the middle of finishing my pinwheel sweater from elann and a crocheted felted fedora, which I have to finish writing down so I can post it on my blog.
Yes, I know, I live out in BFE. But hey, we need culture as well. It sure is nice to actually meet some people, albeit, cybernetically, from yer own neck of the woods.
Thanks ya'll for posting.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:57 AM   #46
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

I see that all but the last comment on this thread are quite old. Are there any knitters here in Colorado Springs? My daughter and her boyfriend just relocated from England to the northern part of Colorado Springs.

Her dad and I just got back from spending the Thanksgiving holidays with them, and I taught her to knit while we were there (yea!). I told her knitters frequently get together and knit, and she thought that sounded like a great way to meet new people and do something fun at the same time, but so far, we've not located any groups in her area.

She had the preconceived notion (as does her bf) that all knitters are grannies. I'm hoping she'll find out there are a lot of knitters in her age group as well (26).
Rennagayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #47
KnottyTinker
Ribbing the Cuff

GUNNISON, CO KNITTER
I think the last post I saw was dated 2010 and it's now April, 2011. I'm in Gunnison, CO and I feel very, very isolated. The nearest yarn shop is in Durango and I've been told by a couple of local knitter's that I'm "light years ahead of them." Add insult to injury, this is not a friendly community.
KnottyTinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #48
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

I'm so sorry to hear that. :-( You'd think an area like that would be chock full of knitters, since there's so much of the year that warm handknit wear would be useful.
Rennagayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #49
N0obKnitter
Working the Gusset

With the sky-high gas prices currently, DH and I have severely cut back on the amount of driving we do, thus, I have a problem:

There are no LYSes in Thornton (I wish there was!) I know of one in Denver and one near Englewood but those are many, many miles from here.

I will end up having to buy yarn from some shop and have it sent to me, I dislike paying high shipping costs, though...which LYS has the most reasonable shipping charges? I do not like buying yarn from Target et al (they do not carry Cascade!) I prefer to spend my knitting $ in a small knitting shop, know what I mean?

Help!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:36 AM   #50
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,641 Times in 7,043 Posts
Originally Posted by KnottyTinker View Post
I think the last post I saw was dated 2010 and it's now April, 2011. I'm in Gunnison, CO and I feel very, very isolated. The nearest yarn shop is in Durango and I've been told by a couple of local knitter's that I'm "light years ahead of them." Add insult to injury, this is not a friendly community.
Just because they don't post in this thread doesn't mean there are no knitters in CO. I'm sure there are several here. They just post in the rest of the forum.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (04-12-2011)