Old 11-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
BeeZed
Casting On

Very stretchy socks needed for swollen feet
Hi - I am new to this forum. Please does anyone have a pattern for socks suitable for an elderly man whose feet, ankles and legs are very swollen? His feet are size 11 in length, but the measurements around his feet, ankes and calves are more than twice normal size. He needs socks that are soft and stretchy and quite long. Any ideas please?
BeeZed is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
Hiya hun and welcome to the party.
Here are a couple links I came up with for ya, Hope this helps. If you wanted to make em longer you could just add more rows between the cuff and the heel shaping.
http://www.planetshoup.com/easy/knit/soxsasq.shtml
http://www.planetshoup.com/easy/knit/soxbigft.shtml
But if you want, I will write down the pattern for the sox I am knitting now for my hubbiness ( I've made them orthopedically correct ) I will post it on my blog for all to gander at. (I better get to knitting huh so I can take pics of em n post them and the pattern I used for them) He has huge feet, lost a couple of his toes in an oilfield accident, and has plantars fasciitus (bone spurs) not to mention he has enormous calves. So I hope this helps ya a bit. And I'll get right on that for ya
Happy knitting ya'll n let's get knotty!!

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
fibrenut is offline   Reply With Quote