Old 12-21-2006, 04:16 PM   #1
knitchick
Casting On

looking for a friendly knitters :)
hey you guys.

i'm new to this website but as soon as i saw it . . . i almost went into shock. this website is my favorite!

right now, i'm knitting my second sock ever. i just finished my first one yesterday. i was so happy! i was trying to convince my sister,14, of how cool it was to actually make a baby sock, but she was like whatever.
so i'm just trying to find a few friends online who knit cuz i don't have any one in my family who knits. my mom used to but she doesn't have time anymore. and interestingly enough . . . my brother-in-law knows how to knit and crochet but he doesn't do it as a hobby. my sister (his wife) couldn't knit a garter stitch scarf if her life depended on it.

by the way, i'm 15 years old. that's why i'm looking online for anyone else who knits. it's so hard to find friends who knit who are my age. although my sister(14) does know how to crochet like me but she's not really into it. and i taught my two best friends how to knit but one is too busy right now (she's my neighbor) and the other one goes to another school. so yeah. i'm just looking for a couple of people to share my knitting ideas with and just have a friendnly conversation.

any takers?
knitchick is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-21-2006, 06:24 PM   #2
dplantlady
Knitting the Flap

Hi Knitchick,

Good on you! We need more young people getting into knitting!

If you say where you're near, you might find some other folks nearby...

And hey...we're all friendly here, so jump right in, OK?

Diane

Recently Finished Projects: 2 felted mobius cat baskets, MANY Lace Washcloths, The Magic Scarf from HELL, 6 Knitted Lace XMas Balls in crochet thread, Lace XMas Ball in mohair, 4 Initialed Washcloths, 2 Lacy Soap Socks (1 knit, 1 crochet), 2 Seamless Rectangle Snuggles (one outside in, one inside out), XMas Tree Illusion Snuggle, 3 scarves for presents, Fisherman Knit Snuggle, Turkish Stitch String Bag, Wheelie Steering Wheel Cover, Moebius Cat Basket, 9 Snuggles, Preemie Hats, Sandy's (Felted) Cat Basket
dplantlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:25 PM   #3
psammeadred
Working the Gusset

Knitchick, this is seriously THE nicest forum on the web - the people here are awesome! Welcome!

psammeadred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:33 PM   #4
knitchick
Casting On

thanks you guys! by the way, i live in gainesville, ga.

guess what? i'm almost done with the second sock. i'm doing the north country cotton baby socks. i'm about to start shaping the toes. they're going to be for my cousin's baby boy. he was just born a couple of weeks ago.

then i have NO idea how i'm giong to finish all the scarves, hats, and who knows what else for my HUGE family. i ac tually have 5 brothers and 2 sisters plus parents, in-laws, etc. i guess they'll have to wait.

well gotta go. i have to go get my twerps/siblings to practice a presentation i made up to go perform at our good news church. wiish me luck!
Old 12-22-2006, 03:45 PM   #5
jjminarcik
Turning the Heel

Knitchick - What a small world! Gainesville, GA is my hometown! My entire family still lives there and I get back to visit as much as possible. I went to North Hall High School and then to Brenau University. It's nice to run across people from your hometown. So, how's Gainesville knitting these days?
jjminarcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:01 PM   #6
knitchick
Casting On

wow! i can't believe this!

i actually go to East Hall High. knitting is all right over here. except they need to make a knitting store! i have to go all the way to the hobby lobby in buford to get good supplies and yarn!

by the way, did you ever go to free chapel? that's the church i go to and it is AWESOME!!! pastor jentezen franklin is preaching better than ever!

you're right. it is nice to run across people from your hometown. it's great being able to talk to you!

so what are you knitting right now?
Old 12-22-2006, 09:58 PM   #7
jjminarcik
Turning the Heel

My dad went to East Hall and my grandmother lives over that way, too. I did go to Free Chapel a few times - my personal favorite was their Christmas Eve services, they were always so moving. Is there an associate pastor there named Mark Mobley? He was my high school math teacher and he was so awesome, I remember he had just started there when I moved out of Gainesville. There is a new yarn store near my parents house; I went to it when I was there a month or so ago. It's half yarn, half quilting. I think it's called Quilted Hearts? It's on Dawsonville Highway past Home Depot on the left in a little bitty shopping center. You should check it out, they have awesome yarns!!!!!

I'm working on a felted purse right now; my first felting project. I'm almost done with the body and then I have to do the i-cord and felt it. Can't wait to felt it, I'm so excited!!!

What are you working on? Besides gifts for your family?
jjminarcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:23 PM   #8
knitchick
Casting On

hello again!

so you did go to free chapel? and you're right about the christmas services! i'm going to the one tomorrow. it's supposed to be great! they also do a lot of illustrated sermons now too. a couple of months ago, pastor franklin did a series called hot wheels (phenomenal!) and a lot of guests come to speak. not to mention choirs, and performances by the youth groups! but, no, i don't know of anyone named mark mobley there. there are a lot of new pastors, though.

and i had no idea there was a yarn store on dawsonville highway! that is awesome! i'll go check it out as soon as I can!

so you're working on your first felted purse? i've never felted anything. maybe i'll try it. right now, i'm working on my second baby sock and i'm also thinking about knitting my first sweater or just a cami. can't wait! i might have time to work on it while i'm in mexico. we're leaving in a couple of days so i'll have plenty of time to work on that on the way there! well, i gotta go. hope i hear from you soon!
Old 06-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #9
hfoolwm
Casting On

Originally Posted by knitchick View Post
hey you guys.

i'm new to this website but as soon as i saw it . . . i almost went into shock. this website is my favorite!

right now, i'm knitting my second sock ever. i just finished my first one yesterday. i was so happy! i was trying to convince my sister,14, of how cool it was to actually make a baby sock, but she was like whatever.
so i'm just trying to find a few friends online who knit cuz i don't have any one in my family who knits. my mom used to but she doesn't have time anymore. and interestingly enough . . . my brother-in-law knows how to knit and crochet but he doesn't do it as a hobby. my sister (his wife) couldn't knit a garter stitch scarf if her life depended on it.

by the way, i'm 15 years old. that's why i'm looking online for anyone else who knits. it's so hard to find friends who knit who are my age. although my sister(14) does know how to crochet like me but she's not really into it. and i taught my two best friends how to knit but one is too busy right now (she's my neighbor) and the other one goes to another school. so yeah. i'm just looking for a couple of people to share my knitting ideas with and just have a friendnly conversation.

any takers?
Hi everybody! I'm a college student, love to knit! Love to talk about it with my web buddies!
hfoolwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
marnissa
Casting On

I just figured out the knitting thing myself and I'm 43 but I can related because I have crocheted since I was 9 so I didn't know a lot of people my age who did it so I'll tell you what I did. I taught my friends so I had someone to talk about it and share projects with and they are all still thanking me today and remain the best of my friends 30 some years later.
marnissa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marnissa For This Useful Post:
justplaincharlotte (12-11-2013)