Old 11-26-2007, 11:26 AM   #21
Ivy-Poo
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Yahoo to Ivy-Poo
That yarn is beautiful and makes for a beautiful jacket! Awesome work!

OTN - Seed Stitch hat

Next in line- Baby Blanket for my nephew arriving in January and Bear's Scarf for hubby

YvetteG on Ravelry
Ivy-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ivy-Poo For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (11-27-2007)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-26-2007, 12:37 PM   #22
msoebel
Turning the Heel

Good grief! You knit so fast. I can't fathom how you knit all you do, and do it so beautifully.

My only explanation: when you go to bed at night, you have elves living in your house who knit up a storm while you sleep. Right? Right?

Misty

Be a light unto the world...not a bug zapper.
msoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to msoebel For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (11-26-2007)
Old 11-26-2007, 04:50 PM   #23
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,880 Times in 3,001 Posts
Originally Posted by mwedzi View Post
Very pretty! You do love you some bed jackets! So what, exactly, is a bed jacket? Is it something meant to lounge in?
Hi'ay mwedzi! Yes, a bed jacket is meant for lounging. What makes it nice (better than a bathrobe for instance) is that it is SHORT, kinda "cropped" length...and you are not sitting on it. I like to knit late at night...and I sit with my legs folded up, kinda yoga-style (some people call it Indian-fashion).

Bed jackets are also very nice for hospital stays. You have on a pretty cover-up for when visitors arrive. But, you are not sitting on it. It is easy to put on, and take off. Back in "the day"...when maternity wards kept you in the hospital for a couple days...it was especially nice to have a bed jacket for visiting hours. You would never wear a bathrobe in bed after giving birth. (all you mothers know what I mean!)

Anyway, if you know someone who is frequently admitted to the hospital for treatments, etc...a bed jacket would make a wonderful gift! What a comforting cover-up!

I wouldn't use MALABRIGO for hospital bed jackets. It might be too warm. Hospitals are usually so hot, having had 5 babies back in the day.

But, this pink yarn I used, the Tahki TORINO is perfect! It is a washable merino...warm, but not as warm as MALABRIGO. This bed jacket is my favorite style. I wore it to bed last night, I must admit. It was soooo cold last night.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #24
sinistral_needler
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to sinistral_needler
Great job! You must only sleep an hour or two each night. Do you have an outside-the-home job? I am trying to get a sweater done before christmas, and realistically .. I would have to not work for two weeks and deprive myself of sleep, seriously, in order to get it done ...

"Do whatever {Jesus} tells you to." ~ John 2:5
OTN: Nashua simple ribbed scarf, Seeded Cable Cardigan for Mom, washcloths, Rainy Day Scarf
OTH: baby bobble afghan, shells afghan
sinistral_needler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sinistral_needler For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (11-26-2007)
Old 11-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #25
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by msoebel View Post
Good grief! You knit so fast. I can't fathom how you knit all you do, and do it so beautifully.

My only explanation: when you go to bed at night, you have elves living in your house who knit up a storm while you sleep. Right? Right?

Misty
Hi'ya Misty! Tee Hee! No, no elves! I wish!

I knit from 9 pm til 3 am seven days a week, and also during the day for a couple hours.

We have no kids at home anymore, and I'm self-employed...office at home. Just me, DH and the 3 dogs. What happens at home, stays at home!

I didn't always have this knitting luxury when all the (5) kids were home, in school, involved in ALL SORTS of activities. Our Secret? Live long enough to get them educated and married off...convert all the spare bedrooms into offices and studios...buy a hide-a-bed for the family room that flips closed within 72 hours...and you enjoy well-earned quiet time in the Late Summer of Your Life!

You young moms are WONDER WOMEN, finding time to knit, post at KH, take care of your homes, maybe day jobs, too! Your time will come! Enjoy the chaos for now! Knit what you can, when you can! "Late Summer" comes sooner than you think! Golden Girls, am I right or am I right??!!

Young knitters everywhere, here is a big ole hug from me!
You deserve it! You are wonderful!

Artlady at Rav
Old 11-26-2007, 06:42 PM   #26
Tutu Carol
1st Leg of the Journey

Wow. Absolutely beautiful !
ArtLady1981 (11-26-2007)
Old 11-26-2007, 07:30 PM   #27
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by GinnyG View Post
Very pretty but, HOW MUCH TIME are you planning to spend IN BED
The usual! (3 am til 9 am)

Artlady at Rav
Old 11-26-2007, 07:40 PM   #28
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by sinistral_needler View Post
Great job! You must only sleep an hour or two each night. Do you have an outside-the-home job? I am trying to get a sweater done before christmas, and realistically .. I would have to not work for two weeks and deprive myself of sleep, seriously, in order to get it done ...
My job is kinda outside-the-home. I have been in the art biz since August 1980. My "job title" I guess you could call it is "Art Consultant". (aka "I sell art") So, my appointments are "outside the house" on Fri/Sat/Sun usually (when my clients are home)...but...the other 50% of the time is in my Art Studio/Home Office. So, I am actually what you'd call "self employed" for tax purposes...but we all know the client is the boss. I set my own hours...no 5 am alarm clocks. (Those days were over the day my lasts kid graduated from high school!)

So I can knit whenever I want...and I usually always knit from 9 pm til 3 am...and I sleep from 3 am til 9 am. The other 12 hours are used for everything else...such as sitting at this laptop right now!

I did knit for awhile this morning, watching THE VIEW. Then it was off to the office (down the hall) and Monday errands. Tomorrow I will do my "fives": writing up my art show sales from Saturday, prepare the sold art for shipping...and off to UPS!)

Unusual life, huh? I have another art show this coming Saturday...Dec 1st...then the 8th, then the 15th....and then not until after the Holidays. But every weekend after Jan 1 is booked through til March.

Take a peek at my art website: www.dollyce.com
It shows what I sell and what I do. I don't sell art through my website. It is used for clients to preview, prior to the "live show". However, the live shows" have art that is not on the website (originals).

Artlady at Rav
Old 11-27-2007, 03:26 PM   #29
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Beautiful work! I just love that yarn!!

If you ever taught knitting classes, I would be the first one to sign up!

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to auburnchick For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (11-27-2007)
Old 11-28-2007, 03:46 AM   #30
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
ArtLady, that is just beautiful. The color is so delicate. You know what? I think you are delving into designing here. You have changed that item so much, it seems like (to me at least--I'm not a copyright lawyer ) it is your own. I love your result.

You mentioned a bedjacket as a suitable gift for someone who has to be in bed a lot. That is a great idea.
MerigoldinWA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MerigoldinWA For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (11-28-2007)