Old 11-28-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
msoebel
Turning the Heel

Pink Eye! BLECH!
Dd was sent home from preschool today with pink eye. Her eye wasn't even noticeably red this morning...she usually starts off a cold with a little eye gook, so we didn't think anything of it.

Apparently, it's worse now. And there was a kid in her class last week that had it. His mom decided to let the school know TODAY when he returned to the class. Instead of letting them know so they could clean the room...that room is dd's sunday school room too...so she was playing with all the toys over the weekend.

It's soooo GROSS! (Sorry...big whiney mommy moment! )

Be a light unto the world...not a bug zapper.
msoebel is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-28-2007, 02:30 PM   #2
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts

I think my dd had it one time. It is gross. Sorry the parent did not notify the school before now. At least you could have been on the lookout.

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
Sharly
Turning the Heel

Bless her heart!! I had it once in both eyes at the same time! I worked for a physician at the time, so I'm sure I got it there. It was so miserable. I had to throw away my contacts all my makeup and everything. It was an awful case that kept me in a dark room for a day or two. Then, I went back to work, wearing sunglasses! Ugh!
Give your dd a sympathetic from me!!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:23 PM   #4
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Aww, I'm sorry! I hate pink eye. My daughter got it about 5 times in a 10 month period when she was a baby, before they figured out it was because she had a blocked tear duct. :P

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Abbily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #5
Silver
Instepping Out

Awww hope she gets well soon! Pink eye is NO fun.

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:16 PM   #6
ecb
Working the Gusset

Send a message via ICQ to ecb Send a message via AIM to ecb Send a message via MSN to ecb Send a message via Yahoo to ecb
You may not want to know this

but Breast Milk clears up Pink eye well
I have one daughter who has INSANELY sensitive eyes, ALL drops seem to burn her badly, but after she had a worse reaction to the antibiotic / Steroid Drops than she had from the Pink Eye Itself, I heard this from a friend in the BF support group, and it was CLEAR in a day, I used it for 3 days after the yes ere clear, and it did not come back
She did not cry, she did not get swollen angry eyes, and I missed fewer days of work (because I always pulled her from Daycare of she was contagious, UNLIKE some of the other Parents there)

Just my 2c

ecb
Good judgement comes from experience
but Experience comes from Bad Judgment
ecb
ecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:26 PM   #7
Chikky
1st Leg of the Journey

Aww... I remember getting this alot when I was in school as a little kid. I have sensitive eyes... and I remember how they itched and how it felt to wake up and not be able to get my eyes open in the morning... Hehe, and how I slept on a sheet, usually in the living room so I didn't infect everything else with it! (Especially the then baby brother.)
"It's a rare man who is taken for what he truly is," he said. "There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so must I be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Chikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:50 AM   #8
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

I used to get pink eye as a kid, I probably had it a dozen times. I was always rubbing my eyes, I think that's why I got it so easily. Do they still treat it with that vaseline-like goo? That was the worst part!

I remember that my favorite part was waking up with my eyes glued shut, and having to de-crust-ify my eye lashes to open my eyes. I didn't care how gross it was, I thought that part was fun!
(Appologies to already grossed out mom! )

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:45 PM   #9
msoebel
Turning the Heel

Fortunately for us, it's a very mild infection. She had worse 2 years ago when she was 2...and an ear infection at the same time.

This time it's just a little pink and itchy...but not any goo now, so we're already out of the bad.

Sigh...I would like to just wrap her in plastic wrap before she goes to pre-school sometimes. I swear, she must be the only kid in that class who washes her hands!

Be a light unto the world...not a bug zapper.
msoebel is offline   Reply With Quote