Old 12-02-2007, 08:43 PM   #1
mommydearest
1st Leg of the Journey

dh learned to knit
My dh was asking when I would teach him to knit as I was knitting at Bob Evans waiting for dinner to arrive last night, so I told him I would start when he got back home. I taught him the long tail cast on (I always do this co whenever possible) and go until he ran out of yarn. Then I pulled it out and made it shorter for him to co again then taught him the knit st. He made 3 rows and only added one extra st. He lost a st too and he was worried but hey, no problem, I fixed it. He did good!

Just wanted to share.

Mary

FO's: Lots of dishcloths, beanies, bandanas, Easy Lace Scarf, Christmas Stockings - mini and regular sizes, Central Park Hoody, Scarf & Hat set, an American Flag Table Runner, Chenille Pillow cover

frogged: Log Cabin Stashghan - I'll try again but in different colors.

I'm jamn2knit @
http://www.ravelry.com/people/jamn2knit
mommydearest is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-02-2007, 08:46 PM   #2
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
That's great!!

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,764 Times in 7,132 Posts
That's terrific!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:33 PM   #4
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
When I was organizing my stash last week to add it into Ravelry I found a ball of old scratchy grey yarn. I told my DH to toss it into the garbage as it is seriously crappy yarn. He looked at me in amazement and to my surprise he said "don't throw it out, you can use it to teach me how to knit." So, next weekend he is going to get his first lesson in knitting. I showed him Mason's picture and said "if this big burly truck driver can do it Hon, so you can!" (thanks Mason)...

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #5
Knitting_Guy
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,130 Times in 832 Posts
Mary, that's great but now you two will be fighting over the stash

What do you mean guys don't knit?

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.

Perfection is overrated. Knitting is meant to relieve stress, not cause it. Relax and enjoy it.

My boring blog http://masonm.joeuser.com

My knitting blog
http://knittingguy.blogspot.com/

My New Home Page (work in progress)
http://www.gpstrucker.000hosted.com

Knitting_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #6
Knitting_Guy
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,130 Times in 832 Posts
Originally Posted by The.Knitter View Post
When I was organizing my stash last week to add it into Ravelry I found a ball of old scratchy grey yarn. I told my DH to toss it into the garbage as it is seriously crappy yarn. He looked at me in amazement and to my surprise he said "don't throw it out, you can use it to teach me how to knit." So, next weekend he is going to get his first lesson in knitting. I showed him Mason's picture and said "if this big burly truck driver can do it Hon, so you can!" (thanks Mason)...
Glad I could help. I've always been a bad influence, no sense stopping now.

What do you mean guys don't knit?

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.

Perfection is overrated. Knitting is meant to relieve stress, not cause it. Relax and enjoy it.

My boring blog http://masonm.joeuser.com

My knitting blog
http://knittingguy.blogspot.com/

My New Home Page (work in progress)
http://www.gpstrucker.000hosted.com

Knitting_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #7
ecb
Working the Gusset

Send a message via ICQ to ecb Send a message via AIM to ecb Send a message via MSN to ecb Send a message via Yahoo to ecb
Originally Posted by The.Knitter View Post
saw my friend at my mothers Concert tonight, she introduced me to her friend (gentleman friend, or co-worker, I have no idea?) and when I brought out my knitting, he told me he was learning to knit thelp his hands and wrists (he is a massage therapist) and I IMMEDIATLY offered to E-mail him some simple patterns (including the Odessa hat I M doing all the time now) he told me he was NO WHERE near ready to do that, as hewas only on his second lesson, and doing Dishcloths. by intermission, I told him I would help support his knitting, but I would try not to overwhelm him with my 'help'
I did not even push for his e-mail or number
I was very surprized by my friends lack of support to his being a knitter, I will have to speak to her about that. She started knitting for the same reason he did. Tsk Tsk tsk

ecb
Good judgement comes from experience
but Experience comes from Bad Judgment
ecb
ecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:05 AM   #8
Catz
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to Catz
I'm trying to get my fiance to knit but he says that if I go to a football game then he'll take up knitting lol. There's not a snowballs chance that you'll get me to go to a football game but I'm working on him anyway.It'll be nice if he learns to sit on a night watching t.v with the both of us knitting.
When I'm knitting at night he says that the click clack of my needles is soothing to him.He's even bought me the knit picks options set for my xmas. I'm not allowed them till xmas
Catz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:03 AM   #9
boo1
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Catz View Post
I'm trying to get my fiance to knit but he says that if I go to a football game then he'll take up knitting lol. There's not a snowballs chance that you'll get me to go to a football game but I'm working on him anyway.
Oh, I live for football and I'm depressed that the season is ending!

I would love for my dh to at least learn to knit; he would be able to fix my knitting boo-boos! He's much more observant than I am and has better right brain (or is it left) capability than I do.

It'll never happen, though. Nope, never.

boo1
boo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:44 AM   #10
GiddyKnitter
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to GiddyKnitter Send a message via Yahoo to GiddyKnitter
I dont think my hubby would like to learn to knit although I haven'y actually asked him! I don't like the idea of sharing my stash ... My stash is a very personal thing between me and IT.

OTN's
Socks for ME!!
February Ladies Sweater x 3
Knitted Kitties

Leahfaith on Ravelry
GiddyKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote